Role/Title: GTA Unix/Linux Specialist
Job Description: Contract to hire Position.
Atlanta, GA - Hybrid Position.
Either Web Cam or In Person interview.
NO VISA CANDIDATES. This is a temp-to-perm position for the right candidate.
The Tower Specialist role is to oversee and ensure the efficient service delivery of GTA and GTA Customers UNIX/LINUX environment.
The Tower Specialists role is to oversee and ensure the efficient service delivery of GTA and GTA Customers UNIX environment. This includes oversight responsibility for the managed services being delivered by service providers and to ensure efficient execution of all IT processes and meeting of service level requirements for the UNIX environment. The Tower Specialist will also work closely with the Service Delivery Management staff and managed service providers’ service delivery team to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions that meet future GTA and GTA Customer’s business needs. This role will provide technical expertise and act as a technical resource to the Service Delivery Management staff. The Tower Specialist will be the subject matter expert for GTA for the UNIX environment and will assist in technical understanding of incident management, problem management, and change management processes. The Tower Specialist will act as the functional expert in the analysis, interpretation, and presentation of performance measures with regard to the UNIX SLAs.
The Tower Specialist reports directly to ESP Relationship Director Infrastructure.
• Manage the overall service delivery of all UNIX IT systems.
• Monitor all service levels and contractual commitments for the UNIX Tower.
• Assist GTA and Agencies and Service Provider(s) with forecasting UNIX resource requirements.
• Provide support to GTA and GTA customers in accordance with the incident and problem management processes.
• Review, endorse, and forward for approval specific plans as they relate to change management activities for the UNIX Tower.
• Provide expert information and advice in response to inquiries from GTA and GTA customer staff regarding UNIX services.
• Provide overall guidance to the Service Provider(s) Account Team(s) in regard to the technical and operational UNIX needs of GTA and GTA customers.
• Review benchmarking approach and participate in UNIX benchmarking activities.
• Recommend modifications to pertinent GTA information technology infrastructure standards.
• Provide UNIX technical knowledge and coaching to Service Delivery Managers and GTA Customers.
• Strong communication and leadership skills
• Ability to conceptualize, plan, and document effectively
• Possesses the experience and ability to manage outcomes in a managed services environment
• Deep technical understanding of the UNIX environment
• Strong understanding of historical and potential service delivery capabilities in the UNIX area
• Proven understanding of agencies and GTA Customers utilizing the UNIX environment
• Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning and development
• Strong knowledge of ITIL processes
• Ability to work with other IT and business leaders to develop an understanding and aligning the organization’s goals and objectives
• Strong understanding of project management principles
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong leadership and team building skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong understanding of the UNIX sections of the outsourcing contracts including SOW and SLAs
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly terms
• Ability to create business cases and manage budgets
• Highly self-motivated and directed
• Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Exceptional customer service orientation
• Demonstrated ability to develop and implement an organizational vision.
AGENCY SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS:
Minimum Qualifications: Six (6) years of strong IT work experience within a technology organization or equivalent and/or certifications with two (2) working in UNIX environment OR BA/BS in Computer Science or Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience and/or certifications AND Two (2) years of UNIX experience.
Note: An equivalent combination of education and job specific experience that provided the knowledge, experience and competencies required to successfully perform the job at the level listed may be substituted on a year-over-year basis.
(Preference will be given to candidates who, demonstrate some or all of the following skills/experience):
• Demonstrated experience with an organization with multiple business units with remote locations.
• Experience interacting with state and/or elected officials
• Experience working in an outsourcing environment
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Strong expertise and knowledge of ITIL processes
• Experience managing IT Service Delivery Management in significant IT outsourcing relationships for infrastructure services is preferred.
Thanks & Regards,
US IT Recruiter
Lucid Technologies Inc
Supplier Registration: registration