- Scrum Master
A NYC authority located in Long Island City (Queens), NY is looking for an onsite Scrum Master for a long term contract (multi-year engagement).
100% onsite work is required for this role.
This position will be responsible for working with IT Product Management scrum teams to deliver key products/components for our customers, following agile principles. The key to success with this position is the ability to partner with the Product Owners and coach the team to ensure understanding and execution of agile practices.
The Scrum Master plans and conducts agile ceremonies to support the successful delivery of system changes prioritized by the customer. In addition to owning the duties for a team, this position is instrumental in driving cohesive agile practices across the organization and supports the development of other Agile Coaches.
The Scrum Master will be a key member providing agile practice expertise as well as manage the scrum boards, acting independently to deliver work to schedule, budget and scope. This role will maintain agile Scrum or Kanban boards, monitor costs, manage risks, and actively work to remove blockers for the team to successfully deliver project objectives. The Scrum Master will support the team as a servant leader and provide support on sprint deliverables and ensure that deliverables meet business objectives.
- Successfully execute projects to agreed schedule, budget and scope using Agile methodologies (Lean, DevOps, Scrum)
- Exhibits the behaviors of an Agile Leader with an Agile Mindset
- Participates in the development of RFP/RFI process.
- Challenge the old norms of development to improve performance in the areas of quality, predictability, flow and velocity.
- Facilitates Agile ceremonies such as the Daily Stand-up, Iteration Planning, System Demos, and Iteration Retrospective.
- Support the Product Owner and/or Product Manager to manage the backlog and guide the team while facilitating a healthy intra-team dynamic with respect to priorities and scope.
- Focus on ever-improving team dynamics and performance. Helps the team manage interpersonal conflicts, challenges, and opportunities for growth. Escalates people problems to management where necessary
- Communicates with management and outside stakeholders. Helps protect the team from uncontrolled injection of work.
- Enables close cooperation across all roles and functions, addresses resource issues and deviation from Agile practices.
- Applies Lean-Agile practices, such built-in quality, Kanban, continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Removes impediments so the team can focus on the work at hand and follow Agile practices
- Ensures appropriate involvement of external teams such as other vendor providers / partners on the project
Qualifications/ Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, Engineering, IT, Science, or equivalent work experience. Master's degree is a plus.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) with certificate from recognized standard organization, i.e.: SAFe, Scrum.org, Scaled Agile strongly desired or must be willing to become certified within 6 months of moving into position.
- 3 or more years of experience working as an Agile Coach/Scrum Master, product owner or project manager in an application development environment, with at least 2 years' experience using Agile Scrum.
- Demonstrates the ability to facilitate transition of an organization from waterfall methodologies to the Agile.
- Proven track record and ability to site project experience delivering end solution using agile.
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships with the business delivery teams, leadership, senior management and internal/external stakeholders.
- Solid understanding of the product lifecycle.
- In-depth understanding of agile methodologies, and up-to-date knowledge of industry standards and best practices.
- Good understanding of software development practices and DevSecOps,
- Ability to use agile project tracking devices such as burn down and burn up charts
- Demonstrates critical thinking and analysis capability.
- Comfortable with customer facing activity, business customer interviews, facilitating, and presenting at meetings.
- Ability to create tools/ independent spreadsheets to help analyze burn rate/ earned value/ earnings variances and cash projections
- Excellent communication, presentation creation and delivery skills (MS PowerPoint) with the ability to communicate with a broad set of constituencies, both technical and non-technical.
- Experienced working with project management tools such as Jira, Confluence, Teams, etc.
- Experience/knowledge with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Proven experience as a scrum master on several successful software development projects involving multiple developers.
- Clear understanding of agile software development methodologies and key best practices
- Strong analytical, problem solving and planning skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player who is flexible, delivery-oriented and takes responsibility for the team's success.
- Enthusiastic, can-do attitude with the drive to continually learn and improve.
- Demonstrates understanding of scope, schedule and planning; understanding of time management, resource management cost management.
- Possesses good project management skills.
About us: QED National is a leading IT consulting, solutions and staff augmentation firm, serving both the public and private sectors for over 30 years. Headquartered in midtown Manhattan, QED National's team is comprised of the brightest minds in the industry with the skills to solve the most complex technological problems.