Title: Research Scientist/Histotechnologist
Duration: 12 months (Extendable)
Location: San Diego, CA 92121
Job ID: 52083-1
Pay: $ 45 - 48/hr on w2 (All Inclusive)
We are seeking a highly collaborative Histotechnologist to join the Translational Pathology group in the San Diego site. The successful candidate will act as Histology technical authority, communicate with scientists and pathologists, and help coordinate and prioritize projects. The Histotechnologist will focus on histology tissue processing, IHC, ISH, multiplex IF protocol development supporting Histopathology projects from Oncogenesis and IO CT TRC, including new target evaluation, preclinical animal studies, biomarker research from Discovery through Proof-of-Concept studies.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for tissue trimming (xenografts and PDX models), processing, embedding, making microscopic slides for H&E, special stains, troubleshoot tissue/slide problems and QC prepared slides. We are seeking a highly collaborative Histotechnologist to join the Translational Pathology group in the San Diego site. The successful candidate will act as Histology technical authority, communicate with scientists and pathologists, and
- Develop and execute IHC, ISH and multiplex IF assays using autostainers, scan and organize images, work closely with the MD pathologist, and present updates to project teams.
- Assist with maintaining tissue bank, slide and block storage, and antibody databases.
- Share responsibilities in purchasing and laboratory supply inventory.
- Troubleshoot instrument issues and contact Lab Services team for maintenance and repair.
- Document all work accurately and contribute to writing SOPs.
- Train others in areas of expertise.
- The successful candidate will have at minimum Bachelors degree in a scientific discipline.
- HT/HTL (ASCP) certification is desired but not required. A minimum of 8 years of working experience in Histopathology (including the above experience) is required.
- Some industry experience is preferred, as is experience in developing IHC or ISH assays for Client targets.
- Lab project management is a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are critical.
- The candidate will need to work well within a team and have strong interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should be familiar in using word processing, spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentation software.
Why work with us - At Net2Source, we believe everyone has an opportunity to lead. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in with an inclusive culture, focus on work life fit and wellbeing, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take necessary steps to make your mark. We help clients with new skilling, talent strategy, leadership development, employee experience, transformational change management and beyond.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Net2Source is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative, more competitive, and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.