business solutionsSQL ServerSoftware DevelopersSoftware DevelopmentEDIElectronic Data InterchangeMicrosoft SQLRFPsAzureBusiness Intelligencemaster data managementmeet deadlinesAbilitydata warehousedata warehousingdeveloping softwaredata integrationdata managementdata quality assessmentBusiness Systemssolutions architecturesustainabilitymetadatapeer reviewqualityscalabilitysoftware engineersC #CollaborateSQLculturalcultureinsurance
The Solutions Architect communicates, consults and collaborates with business unit stakeholders and IS teams to weave together information, technologies and capabilities to design and develop appropriate solutions to address business challenges. The position plays a key role in the analysis, definition and development of critical long-term technical capabilities and solutions.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, Business Systems Analysts, Project Managers, Software Developers and IS Development Managers to develop potential solutions for business needs.
- Document solution design, processes, key requirements and assumptions.
- Consult with Project Managers to understand the scope of projects and identify/define potential bodies of work and existing capabilities for various IS teams to utilize or build new capabilities.
- Collaborate with IS Development Managers to define the level of effort required for proposed solutions.
- Collaborate with Project Managers and Business Systems Analysts to develop requirements and the product backlog; participate in backlog grooming and priority settings as needed.
- Work with IS Development Managers and Business Intelligence Developers to ensure capabilities and solutions meet both business needs and technical standards for scalability and sustainability.
- Identify missing and needed capabilities and advocate for developing them.
- Identify areas where the IS Business Intelligence (ISBI) department can support business needs and goals.
- Collaborate with business units and project managers to map ISBI capabilities and business roadmaps and assist with related documentation.
- Collaborate with IS Development Managers to identify and select cloud capabilities; participate in the construction and transition.
- Participate in the selection and vetting process for new products, systems and capabilities; this may involve issuing RFPs, communicating with vendors and evaluating various options.
- Act as project manager for cross-team capabilities and development activities as needed.
- Provide peer review and mentorship to technical staff at all levels and share significant business impact updates.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Perform work in alignment with the organization’s mission, vision, and values.
- Support the organization’s commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion by fostering a culture of open mindedness, cultural awareness, compassion, and respect for all individuals.
- Strive to meet annual business goals in support the organization’s strategic goals.
- Adhere to the organization’s policies, procedures, and other relevant compliance needs.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Excellent written and spoken communication and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders including software engineers, organizational leadership, clients and vendors
- Ability to clearly convey technical concepts to stakeholders with non-technical backgrounds
- Ability to coordinate across teams to deliver solutions
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks concurrently and meet deadlines
- Ability to analyze, diagnose and recommend solutions for performance issues in the designed solution
- Expert ability to weave together business solutions utilizing existing capabilities, systems, products and cloud capabilities, along with any necessary custom capabilities
- Expert-level knowledge of Azure platform capabilities and solution architectures such as Data factory, Logic Apps, etc.
- Proficiency with SQL, C# and Snowflake
- Expert-level knowledge of the Software Development Lifecyle and strong understanding of the current technology landscape
- In-depth understanding of data integration best practices, leading industry applications (e.g. ), and features such as master data management, entity resolution, data quality assessment, metadata management and/or others
- Strong conceptual understanding of enterprise data warehouse architectures, Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) reporting and analytics systems, and data integration between packaged systems
- Ability to exercise sound judgement in determining priorities
- Ability to stay motivated, take the initiative and continually learn new releases of development tools, new software products and attend trainings
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of the basic concepts of managed care
- Familiarity with health insurance business entities and related relationships and processes helpful
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in technical roles related to solutions architecture that includes integrating multiple heterogeneous systems, capabilities and third-party products (applicants with a bachelor’s degree in IS, CIS, MIS or related field and minimum 5 years’ experience may be considered)
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server database, C#, Snowflake and the related suite of products
- Experience developing software solutions involving web, mobile, data warehousing and analytics
- Experience in the healthcare industry