Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Sr Business Analyst - Operational Risk
The ALPS team is looking for a solid multi-faceted business analyst whom can apply themselves to a wide range of tasks and projects at any one time. Candidate will need to bring a willingness to learn a broad range of Capital Markets knowledge and skills but also garner a 'roll up your sleeves attitude' to ensure delivery of team's end product.
There will be a requirement to own and deliver the onboarding of new systems from trading booking systems, product processors, reconciliation systems, risk systems as appropriate. Close partnership with technology will be required to translate business requirements based on stakeholder requests. Mid-level project management governance to track projects globally is required, as well as provide status updates to Senior Management. In addition the role will comprise of providing support to the end users of our reporting suite and facing off to senior levels within our client base.
Tasks Include (but are not solely confined to):
• Responsible for owning and contributing to projects throughout all phases of the project lifecycle e.g. Requirements Specification, UAT Testing and Sign Off, Rollout and Post Production Checkouts
• Requirements Specification: Understand, create, review, and enhance global Business Requirement Documents (BRDs) and Feed Specification Documents and tailor to meet the needs of the enhancement or feed onboarding. Act as liaison between Technology and Business Stakeholders. Working knowledge of relational databases (tables, datatypes, joins) and experience of manipulating and working with large datasets is essential.
• UAT Testing: Develop and execute UAT test plans that will ensure business requirements have been met / create test scripts including specific test cases and expected results
• UAT Sign off: Manage and collaborate with users at various levels within Business to take them through the UAT testing process and successfully obtain sign off during the UAT phase
• Rollout and Post Production Checkouts: Act as point of contact for Technology partners and contribute to project rollout and post production checkouts to ensure successful project closure
• Develop SME level knowledge of ALPS reporting and workflow platforms to share knowledge, provide training, and assist to end users.
• Identify areas of inefficiency and implement system and process improvements in the spirit of continuous improvement
• Understanding and utilize standard processes, design and testing tools throughout project development life cycle
• Face-off with Operations, IT, Internal Audit, Line Control to a senior level as a representative
• Excellent presentation and communication skills with exquisite attention to detail in order to facilitate decision making.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Business analyst or in Investment Banking Operations or IT. Experience in operational risk and control is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work together with regional and global stakeholders to execute on program deliverables and share status updates
- Knowledge of Capital Markets Operations is a plus
- Comfortable analyzing data from numerous disparate source systems and large datasets
- Ability to facilitate global calls and manage various stakeholders at all levels of seniority
- Ability to build consensus and collaborate with others. History of success working in a team environment.
- Flexibility to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Monitor tight deadlines or unexpected requirement changes
- Ability to multi-task and take ownership of projects and change initiatives
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including use of Logical, Data and Text functions in order to manipulate and analyze large datasets
- Effective use of Word and PowerPoint to create succinct project documentation and senior management presentations
- Working knowledge of data warehouse and experience of MicroStrategy is highly desirable
- Working knowledge of JIRA
- QlikView Business Intelligence - knowledge advantageous
- Project Management and direct experience of all phases within project lifecycle (SCRUM,6 SIGMA knowledge very applicable)
Please see our complete list of jobs at: