Youngsoft, Inc. (www.youngsoft.com) is a global software solutions IT company, delivering digital enterprise business betterment since 1996. Through collaborative engagement and discovery with our clients and vendors, we co-create industry specialized digital products, applications software, process, programs, and project outcomes. Headquartered in metro-Detroit, we leverage "pods" of Subject Matter Experts, Business Analysts, Solutions Architects, Software Engineers, and Project Managers, fused with HyperCare through our Global Support Centers. Through inclusivity, we share a singular vision to deliver world-class measurable upside results to our customers. It takes a village – come join ours!
Title: Platform Engineer / Automation Platform Engineer
Web Technologies team is responsible for installs configurations, maintenance, upgrades, hardware migrations, patch management, troubleshooting, repair, performance tuning, incident / problem resolution, as well as monitoring and providing 24x7 support. In addition, the group is engaged in setup, deploys, security management, capacity management, and will coordinate backup/restore and system recovery activities. It also supports infrastructure architecture, application integration, projects setup and deployments.
This role is for a Platform engineer/Automation Platform Engineer. The role requires the candidate to have an overview of a process, work and suggest the best way to automate it. The role may require the candidate to work on cross platform environments such as Unix/Linux and Windows. The candidate will work on automating jobs(python/shell), Jenkins Jobs, write pipeline and deliver CI/CD
- Required: 3 - 5 years of python experience in Devops / platform engineer. Candidate should read, write, and manage python code. Should be able to debug, fix error/exceptions from python scripts. The candidate should be able to configure, install and use 3rd party python libraries, modules etc. The candidate should write good quality documentation, comments for the script. The candidate should be to automate new jobs using python scripts and enhance existing script.
- Required: Hands on experience with extracting data from log files using regex. Demonstrate the ability to call shell/powershell/batch script from python.
- Required: Candidate should have experience on Jenkins, creating free style job, writing Jenkins DSL Pipelines, delivering CI/CD for the environments on both Unix/Linux and Windows Server.
- Required: Experience in writing shell script. Should be good in working on Linux, Unix environment
- The Candidate should demonstrate the ability to look at manual works, current jobs and suggest the best way to automate and deliver the result
- Some experience with Powershell script/batch script on windows servers.
- Experience with GitHub,svn, containers.
- Excellent communicate and written skills.
- Experience with Oncall support
- Experience with scripting languages like bash, Groovy.
- Experience with Servicemesh, HashiCorp Vault a plus.
- PCAP certification a plus.
- CKA/CKS Certification a plus.
What's in it for you:
You will be in a very cool team. The learning opportunities here are tremendous on automation, CI/CD, System Design. You will be the owner of the Job/tasks right from designing, implementing, deploying and managing the job. We provide a very good work life balance, including flexible work hours. You will be working with external vendors, internal teams and will have the opportunity to lead on delivering the project. We are very Open to experiment on new Ideas on implementation, process improvements, and automation. Our On call duties are very light on the Primary / Secondary On call resources.
Please respond with your updated resume, contact information