Are you looking for a company that cares about people’s lives and health, including yours? At EVIDENT, we help make people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day.
Let’s inspire healthier lives, together.
This new position is responsible for the successful integration Evident’s digital pathology products with end users' ITS infrastructure. The Engineer will support digital pathology products through the sales process and aftersales technical support activities. The successful candidate is capable of project management and has significant knowledge of IT software integration.
This position may be based from our offices in either Bethlehem, PA, or Waltham, MA, and will require some travel.
* Works with sales specialist and customers for their need to integrate microscope systems into customer’s Laboratory information System.
* Acts as a specialist and liaison between R&D and customers ITS department.
* Engages customers to learn their required volume and their IT infrastructure.
* Responsible for installations/integration of Imaging Management System of Evident with customer’s LIS via HL7 or FHIR programming.
* Responsible for installations/integration of IMS after sales with LIS via HL7 or FHIR. Learn other customers' LISs.
* Creates workflow and procedures, implements best practices and improvement, and document them.
* Manages each sales lead as a project and follows projects from pre-sales through implementation, training, and go-live.
* Able to learn the containing and testing environment of Docker or Kubernetes.
* Maintains current technical documentation including confidential/proprietary information.
* Builds and implements internal support processes, procedures, templates, and checklists.
* Interacts with field personnel, managers and customers with a high degree of professionalism.
* Completes all other special projects and other related duties as assigned. Work flexible hours as needed.
* BS in Computer Science, or Electronics and Communications Engineering, or equivalent experience with 2+ years of industry experience using, deploying, and troubleshooting networked software platforms OR advanced degree (MS, Ph.D. or postdoc) in computer /networking with experience with digital pathology systems in research setting.
* Strong debugging skills
* Strong project management skill
* Knowledge of IT architecture of health care industry
* Must be able to communicate with both customers & their ITS departments, internally with sales, marketing, and service. Able to provide feedback to R&D’s pre-sales development team
* Capable of learning the leading/emerging technologies in the cloud software development.
* Strong computer skills (i.e. Windows based OS and system driver installation, skilled with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and E-mail).
* Strong writing and verbal skills for presentation to engineers, product manager(s) sales members and customers.
* Flexible, creative, results oriented, good judgment, independent work ethic.
* Must be willing to travel and work on a non-scheduled basis, including occasional weekends.
* Knowledge of the following areas are not required but will be a plus:
PostgreSQL or other relational databases (RDMS)
Working knowledge of Azure, AWS and other leading cloud platforms
Demonstrable involvement in full-stack cloud development to build SPA, RestFul APIs and micro-services and deploy them in Azure/AWS/GCP cloud platforms.
Inquisitive and enjoy problem-solving for the browser-based IMS platform under the container environment of Docker or Kubernetes for configuring, testing, and trouble-shooting both hardware and software platforms into a customer environment.
We realize work isn’t just a job to you.
It’s a big part of your life, but not the only part. That’s why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks — so you can be ready for where life can take you.
EVIDENT is passionate about the solutions it creates for the life sciences, and industrial equipment industries. For more than 100 years, Olympus has focused on making people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling by helping detect, prevent, and treat disease, furthering scientific research, ensuring public safety, and capturing images of the world. Olympus has manufactured microscopes since the company’s founding in 1919. Today, EVIDENT is a leading manufacturer of optical and digital microscope systems for life science solutions. EVIDENT’s Life Sciences division supplies microscope systems for biological use in clinical, research, and educational applications. For more information, Click Here.
It is the policy of EVIDENT to extend equal employment and advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship status, religious creed (including dress and grooming practices), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental) and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran status or service in the uniformed services, and any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.