Connected Car, Autonomous Self-Driving Vehicle technologies, IoT, Embedded Application Development, Internet Radio and Mobile Apps are just some of the cool things we work on here at Abalta Technologies. We are pioneers in the navigation and mapping industry and have worked with over 60 global name brands since our inception. Our business is booming and our customers continue to want more from us. Abalta Technologies has a reputation for being extremely innovative and capable and we are seeking new team members who possesses these same qualities.
Founded in 2003 and based in San Diego, Abalta Technologies is a global leader in software design and development. Our employees experience the excitement of working in a fast growing and dynamic environment and the opportunity to work on some of the coolest tech in the industry.
Abalta Technologies success is a direct result of the team and culture we have created. Employees are afforded the opportunity to explore new technical areas while also sharpening their existing skills on the many leading-edge solutions we develop for our clients. Work as a member of a small team building next generation solutions in connected car and IoT. Our team members help each other become great software engineers capable of solving some of the hardest problems on the planet.
We are on the leading edge of connected car and mobile technology and seek job candidates that want to join the ranks of a successful, growing and dynamic software company.
If you have what it takes, Abalta Technologies is looking for software engineers to become part of our core development team. The ideal candidate is a creative self-starter with great drive and motivation to work on exciting and challenging projects.
Abalta Technologies provide a generous benefits package that includes 20 days of personal time off (PTO), 401K matching, and generous health benefits.
Though we have a hybrid working style, we require most employees to be close to one of our offices. You must be located near, or willing to relocate close to, one of our offices in San Diego (Mira Mesa area), Dallas (Irving area), or Detroit (Farmington Hills area).
As an Android Engineer at Abalta, you will be responsible for designing, developing, documenting and integrating high performance, reusable, and reliable Java based Android applications to be integrated with OEM implementations. These applications ensure best possible performance and responsiveness in an Android Automotive OS environment.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of designing, implementing, and testing sophisticated software and will have been directly responsible for architecting and developing Android application software. This position requires a detail-oriented individual that is a self-starter who can work both independently and within a team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement Android application for advanced features for satellite and IP based service delivery.
- Provide technical support to our automotive partners in their design efforts and triage/troubleshoot issues.
- Provide risk analysis, prioritization, and scheduling of outstanding change requests (bugs) and feature enhancements.
- Provide regular and accurate reports to the Scrum Master and Senior Director of Software Application Development and perform special projects, lab/field testing, and other duties as necessary.
- Apply Behavior Driven Design and support automated test development.
- A BSEE or BSCS or equivalent is required. MSEE or MSCS or equivalent preferred.
- 2 - 5 years of successful, relevant software development experience in one or more areas specified below:
- Android or iOS Apps
- Automotive sound manufacturers (radio head units, telematics systems, navigation systems, etc.)
- Satellite receivers
- Automotive engine controllers
- Bluetooth and / or WiFi products
- Must have expertise in Java based Android application development.
- Must have strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Good public speaking and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized
- Ability to project a professional image over the phone and in person
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled