Title: Project Manager
Location: Richmond, VA
The candidate should have the following knowledge and skills:
• Mastery of project management methodology and experience or familiarity with major, defined program management approaches (PMI, Agile, Six Sigma). Certification preferred.
• Significant knowledge of project planning/scheduling tools (for example, Microsoft Project), with a solid track record of practical application.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; expertise in setting and managing customer expectations.
• Effective influencing and negotiating skills in an environment in which this role may not directly control resources.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
• Ability to lead project team to match solutions to business requirements, including leadership in research on current and emerging technology options.
Experience with these supporting processes:
• Five or more years of workflow and prioritization of assignments.
• Correspondence management.
• Document management including storage, retrieval, and version control.
• Mobile access.
• Payment engines (collections from customers).
• Five or more years of business intelligence.
Demonstrate these competencies at an advanced level.
• Effectively communicate with stakeholders and team members regarding project expectations and progress. Clearing obstacles, closely monitoring tasks and team member accountability, and escalating issues, as required.
• Guiding and motivating others.
• Relationship management.
• Manage changes in project timeline, scope, and budget.
• Responsive to feedback, especially in seeking feedback continually from stakeholders and in refining project scope across project lifecycle to address shortcomings.
• Coping with pressure and setback.
• Achieving difficult targets, particularly in demanding timelines.
• Judgment calls based upon information and analysis; able to make prompt, clear decisions that may involve tough choices or considered risks.
• Support for decision-making: gather comprehensive information, catalog, and disseminate knowledge of use to the organization.