Job Title: Lead Software Engineer, Observability
Location: Onsite (Phoenix, AZ Plano, TX Pleasanton, CA)
- Experience in leading Observability initiatives as Lead Engineer.
- Development and implementation of build release pipelines with accountability for managing deployment schedules, issues, risks, and impediments.
- Agile development experience with team member accountability for commitment and delivery each sprint.
- Ensure that all implementations of observability meet the requirements prescribed by IT Services through the effective implementation or use of approved processes, methodologies, and deliverables.
- Provide expertise and design solutions for observability applications as well as system integration with internal systems and external vendors.
- Provide technical leadership in design, development, and testing of solutions.
- Track infrastructure delivery and dependencies to implementation.
- Prepare and present potential technical solutions and advise the teams on approach and tradeoffs
- Defines the structure of systems, their interfaces, and the principles that guide its organization, software design and implementation.
- Defines and supports reusable application components from a business and technology perspective.
- Able to provide coding and technical direction to less experienced staff or develops highly complex original code.
- Experience with gathering and organizing large volume of data to use for instrumentation into an Enterprise Observability solution.
- Experience with recommending baseline monitoring thresholds, and performance monitoring KPIs and SLAs.
- Experience with installing agents, forwarders, APIs, performance monitoring alerts, dashboards, and data trend analysis.
- Good Knowledge and understanding of Azure foundation components e.g., App GW, APIM, Virtual Network, NSG, Load Balancer, Azure VM etc. is required.
- Experience must include at least one of the following languages: Java (required), Desired--Python, Go, C, C++.
- Experience with Databases Azure SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, TSDB or similar databases.
- Experience on one of cloud platforms Microsoft Azure/Google Cloud Platform cloud is required.
- Experience on PCF, Docker, Kubernetes platform is required.
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD tools and processes is required.
- Experience in high-performance and high-frequency data streaming (using Kafka etc.) and handling large volume of batch data is strongly preferred, but not required.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies is required.