Role: Flight System Systems Engineer
Client: Raytheon Technologies/JPL
Location: on-site in Pasadena, CA (Hybrid)
Must be a United States Person to apply
Pay Rate: OPEN (w2 non-benefited, or c2c if you own company)
Raytheon Technologies Pasadena CA is looking for two Systems Engineer(s) for the Avionics Subsystem Engineering group supporting Systems Engineering Verification and Validation activities on Europa Clipper mission, responsible for the downlink, telemetry, and C&DH functional domain. The candidate will also be responsible for orchestrating test plans and writing procedures to verify functionality and validate requirements.
The successful candidate will develop and maintain requirements and interfaces (electrical signals and data definitions) and eventually become a subject matter expert for your functional area(s). Define, coordinate, balance and integrate technical and programmatic issues in a holistic manner to ensure that the hardware and software system satisfies requirements, expectations, and constraints within the allocated resources and with acceptable risk. Manage technical resources; analyze and model the design; conduct verification and validation activities for the subsystem; contribute to risk management; and control the subsystem change process.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop requirements, functional architecture, design, documentation, and interface definition to external elements.
- Ensure that the design meets functional and performance requirements and complies with institutional standards, reliability requirements, project requirements, and approved waivers.
- Develop system architectures and risk management analyses.
- Work independently on key projects and assignments with only limited direction.
- Participate in working groups or design teams as needed to conduct trades or resolve technical issues.
- Develop, prepare and execute verification and validation plans.
- Present complex avionics concepts to line management, project management and technical reviewers.
- Provide technical input for all project milestone reviews and management reviews.
- Track and resolve technical issues within and external to the subsystem.
- Oversee anomaly tracking, disposition and corrective action for the subsystem.
- Grow your career through the mastery of multiple Avionics functional areas and the practice of Systems Engineering.
- Mentor and coach junior members/interns.
- Advanced knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Downlink and Telemetry, C&DH, Timekeeping, Compute Elements, Systems Engineering, Digital Electronics, Software, Embedded Systems, and/or Integration and Test.
- Extensive experience with avionics V&V, interface configuration documents, requirement tracing, and embedded software V&V.
- Understanding and practical experience with the concepts and techniques of Systems Engineering.
- Experience with hardware/software requirements development and configuration management.
- Demonstrated experience with integrated hardware/software developments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to conduct project level reviews and status reports.
- Ability to interact appropriately with colleagues and customers for different purposes and in different contexts.
- Adaptable to frequent changes in workload and able to adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate.
- Knowledge of industry and/or academic practices and standards across a range of systems applications.
Education and Experience Required:
This position requires a BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or related technical discipline with a minimum of 6 years of related experience; Master’s degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 4 year of related experience; or PhD with 2 years related experience.
If interested in learning more about this position, please email your resume to and I will call back with more information.