- smart contract
- smart contracts
Skyrocket Ventures is a recruiting firm for hundreds of high growth technology companies that range from industry leaders to top-tier startups. This opportunity is with one of our client companies for a full-time permanent hire. Please only apply if you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Please note that even if this job is not a perfect match, we encourage you to apply as long as it is in the ballpark. Companies are often flexible in hiring candidates who do not perfectly fit their written job description, as long as the most important qualifications are there and the candidate is good in general.
Most of the jobs we are recruiting for are not posted online, so if you would like to know of all the opportunities we have that match your interests and qualifications, then please get in touch with us.
After you apply to this job posting, we’ll consider you for this job as well as any other potential matches with our client companies. If we have any potential matches, we’ll share your resume with those companies and contact you about any interview opportunities we can get you.
Thank you, and we wish you a great job search!
Feel free to check out testimonials from some of our many candidates/clients here:
Lead Engineer / Manager - Currency / Smart Contract Engineering - Hypergrowth Consumer Fintech Startup
The company's team includes some of the biggest names in the fintech, blockchain and cryptocurrency realm. The founding team includes payments domain experts, the Cofounder of a highly valued cryptocurrency, world-class cryptography theorists, and well-known cryptocurrency investors. One of the founders has founded 2 companies that are valued at over $1 billion, including a rapidly growing fintech unicorn that was recently valued at over $10 billion dollars.
The company's product is in the realms of consumer fintech, web and mobile, payments, blockchain and cryptocurrency. The company has raised about $80 million in funding. They are backed by some of the top investors in the space, as well as the founder of a tech company that is valued at over $50 billion.
The company has about 62 employees and 15 engineers (both are about double what they were 1 year ago). The company plans to hire 20-30 engineers in the next 18 months.
In addition to competitive salary (up to $250k), the company is offering equity and cryptocurrency which could be very lucrative.
- You would be spending about 50% of your time on management (leading 7-8 engineers) and 50% as an individual contributor.
- Leading the team of internal dev/product/research contributors, as well as contributing code and design yourself.
- Making key contributions to making the company's currency system one of the most influential codebases in crypto/DeFi.
- Managing currency engineers and developing their talent.
- Managing the team’s work planning process; balancing team project planning with community contributor work.
- Advising and influencing system architecture and design decisions.
- Contributing to R&D for future v2 upgrades, likely involving L2/rollup/appchain concepts; implementing early PoCs to further this R&D.
- Working regularly with security auditors and external contributors to document and upgrade the currency code.
- Support and maintain an active test economy, as well as integrations with partner protocols.
- Act as a primary contributor to the product's tech community, evaluating and implementing upgrade proposals.
- Ensuring that the product's smart contracts remain state of the art by evaluating new DeFi protocols, Layer 1 and Layer 2 mechanisms, EIPs, etc.
- Expertise in Solidity and Smart Contract engineering.
- Experience as a tech lead or engineering manager.
- Deep awareness and knowledge of Ethereum development frameworks and patterns.
- Understanding of blockchain architecture.
- Emphasis on team performance and developing other engineers.
Nice to have:
- Strong track record of open source contributions.
- Understanding of basic cryptography concepts (theory and applied).
- Knowledge of Layer 2 blockchain scalability technology.
- Knowledge of blockchain privacy/confidential transaction schemes.
Did you like this job or want to see more? All of our online job postings can be found on these sites:
Follow us on Instagram here:
Follow us on LinkedIn here: