Cloud Solutions Engineer
Location: Dallas, TX
IMMEDIATE new job opening for a fulltime Cloud Solutions Engineer to join our client’s team directly. This is an opportunity to join a growing technology services firm, specializing in developing software applications and providing outsourced cloud IT services for private equity, hedge funds and financial services companies.
The Cloud Solutions Engineer must have an excellent understanding of computers (both hardware and software) and a demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology. This role will provide remote and occasional onsite support to our clients. There is a heavy dependence on public cloud-based technologies with very little onsite technology; however, site visits can be expected to maintain client relations. The person who fills this role must possess superior technical aptitude as well as strong customer service skills with the ability to deal effectively with people in a wide variety of situations.
- Work with our Head of Infrastructure on supporting our clients from the back end on projects and providing 2nd and 3rd level escalation for issues when required
- Be the authority within the team on 2nd and 3rd level support issues in addition to providing guidance for 1st level issues utilizing your knowledge and expertise
- Recommend, architect and implement solutions that will help to propel our company’s reputation as a high-quality IT services provider in the financial services space
- Work closely with senior leadership on opportunities where technical expertise is required during the client sales and business development process
- Mentor, support and develop junior support desk engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
- 2-3 years’ experience with public cloud technologies and specifically Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Office 365. (Setup, configuration, design and support of cloud-based workloads)
- Experience doing Office 365 mail migrations using Exchange Hybrid setups and third party services like Bittitan Migrationwiz
- Intermediate to advanced networking skills (configuration and support, layer 3 routing, firewall configuration and rule creation, troubleshooting of network route and connectivity issues on the network layer)
- Extreme Proficiency Microsoft Active Directory Services
- Have in depth experience building and architecting Active Directory domains from the ground up across multiple sites and trusts
- Extensive experience with all infrastructure services required to manage and support customer environments (DNS, DHCP, DFS, DFSR, GPO, NPS, Certificate Authority, Radius Authentication)
- Can create AD users, groups and group policies completely independently with no assistance or guidance
- Has an excellent knowledge of Windows file server (Build, Configure and Management of shares and NTFS permissions along with DFS/DFSR setups in very complex environments)
- Good Proficiency in Scripting – (minimum skills needed are Batch files and PowerShell)
- or Permanent Resident eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
- Software Deployment experience is a PLUS
As with all IT support positions, after-hours or weekend system maintenance will be required from time to time. With the wide range of work, the ability to prioritize and handle issues along with projects will be needed.
**To view all of our open positions, please visit Alleare’s website.