Job Summary: Under limited supervision, carries out procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet minimum company standards and end user requirements. Thoroughly tests software to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects. Documents all problems and works to resolve them; reports progress on problem resolution to management. Devises improvements to current procedures and develops models of possible future configurations. Performs workflow analysis and recommends quality improvements.
Note: All new hires will travel to GSI’s headquarters in Palm Harbor, Florida for a week of new hire orientation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development experience in the creation of Performance Testing and metrics.
- Act as lead for all Performance Testing.
- Experience and development of automated testing scripts. Knowledge and use of Microsoft Visual Studio Web Load Testing desired.
- Experience and solid understanding of software and hardware performance factors. Can work with other development team members to diagnose performance issues and will lead those efforts.
- Solid understanding of Quality Methodology and process creation in an IT environment.
- Manage both large scale testing projects and fast tracked bug fixes.
- Develop Test Cases and Test Scripts for the large software modules, and oversees the execution of these scripts by other team members.
- Utilize technical knowledge of application architecture, operating environment, strengths and weaknesses of both, and how these factors affect product quality.
- Assess functionality and be a knowledgeable resource of several Software applications for the team.
- Mentor SQA Analysts on all software applications.
- Primarily responsible for ownership of projects from a QA standpoint.
- Test all software releases from development department.
- Conduct tests of packaged installations and deploy applications to various test environments.
- Documenting and tracking of all software defects.
- Evaluation and assignment of all trouble tickets to development team members.
- Reviewing and assisting in the creation of software documentation in conjunction with the technical writer.
- Recommendation and review of development department policies and procedures related to source code integrity, testing procedures and implementation of software releases.
- Maintain technical project documentation.
- Act as the principal point of contact to IT Management, Vendors and Customers on behalf of the project team.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to project team members as needed.
- Act in role of project resource as assigned.
- Participate in the determination of installation instructions for software releases.
- Act as lead for all SQA Test Environments and Tools.
- Act as Visionary for new technologies and processes.
- Depending on project size, may be required to be on multiple Team/Projects.
- Adhere to company policies.
- Conduct to reflect professional attitude and actions.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Utilization of Performance Testing Tools.
- Utilization of Microsoft Visual Studio Web Load Testing Tools.
- Limited use of Progress Test Studio Testing Tools.
- Visual Studio IDE knowledge.
- Must have software development experience.
- Full understanding of the goals of the entire project (not just QA with regards to functionality being developed, delivery dates, quality requirements, available resources, and the relationship of the current project to other ongoing projects, and to the rest of the product line).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, which are used with team members and clients in the form of formal training, mentoring, and presentations.
- Responsible for team understanding of Quality Methodology and process creation.
- Work with developers and DBAs on test projects.
- Utilization of defect tracking tools (TFS, Jira, Bugzilla, etc).
- Experience with Source Control Applications and Software Configuration Management promotion processes.
- Experience with Team Foundation System, Vault or Perforce applications a plus.
- For smaller projects, this position may be the most senior QA representative on the team. In this case, this person has “ownership” of the module from a QA standpoint.
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ year of Software development experience
- 3+ years of Performance/Load testing experience
- Basic user level knowledge of networking and databases
- Exposure to internet security products or test automation or performance testing
- Testing methodologies and theory
- Knowledge of Automated testing techniques
- Knowledge of Performance testing techniques
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft development tools
- TSQL knowledge
- Windows Operating Systems knowledge
- PC hardware configuration knowledge
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Internet Technologies
- Development defect tracking tools
- Software life cycle
- Web-based applications
- Labor Market Information & National Employment Systems