- Microsoft SharePoint
- Technical Writer
- data migration
- software development
- communication skills
- systems development
Customized Energy Solutions is looking for an experienced technical writer to join our team to document our energy client facing system which includes client facing UI, API, internal application and jobs, data ETL processes and more. The ideal candidate will have proven success in a highly technical field, such as software development, computer science, or engineering. Also important in this role is an ability to evaluate and analyze complex information and a natural desire to help people understand the content.
The position is a 9-month contract with potential extension. Some domestic travel is required.
Objectives of this role
- Develop comprehensive documentation that meets organizational standards.
- Gain deep understanding of products and services, and translate complex information into simple, polished, engaging content.
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of target audience, turning insights into language for user success.
- Develop and maintain detailed database of reference materials, including business domain knowledge, usability tests, and design specifications.
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative methods for improvement.
- Research, outline, write, and edit content, working closely with team members to understand project requirements.
- Gather information from subject-matter experts and develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation.
- Work with business product team, development team and support team to identify documentation repositories, revise and edit, and determine best solutions for data compilation and centralized storage.
- Research, create, and maintain information architecture templates that adhere to industrial standards and allow for easy data migration.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Three or more years of experience as an effective technical writer
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex subject matter
- Experience in writing documentation and procedure manuals for various audiences
- Superb written communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience in working with engineers to improve user experience (ex: design, UI), refine content, and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in journalism, communications, or relevant technical field
- Firm understanding of SDLC (systems development lifecycle)
- Previous experience in software development
- Experience in using tools like JIRA Confluence, Microsoft Visio and Microsoft SharePoint to create and manage documentation.