- Developing, maintaining, and managing advanced reporting, analytics, dashboards, and other BI solutions.
- Performing and documenting data analysis, data validation, and data mapping/design.
- Recognize business requirements and devise a solution to meet data requirements.
- Reviewing and improving existing systems and collaborating with teams to integrate new systems.
- Collaborate with IT teams and business experts to implement data-driven policies and initiatives throughout the enterprise.
- Designing wireframes and beta dashboards with an emphasis on user experience, consistency, and visibility.
- Create and update either Tableau dashboards and analytics.
- Accurately drill deep into data and generate reports.
- Gather, clean, and prepare data for analytics and visualization.
- Manage and use the Tableau platform to gain valuable insights.
- Create reports using a variety of graphical and data modelling techniques.
- Conducting unit tests and developing database queries to analyze the effects and troubleshoot any issues.
- Gathering and normalizing data from multiple data sources
- Create, test, and publish dashboards and reports, as well as schedule refreshes.
- Define access controls and put security measures in place as needed.
- Enhance the whole process of data management, collecting, dashboard design, and product life-cycle management.
- Use algorithms and statistical approaches to extract information from data.
- Troubleshooting any data or performance issues with workbooks and data sources.
- Oversee Tableau installations, architecture, and management.
- Actively control Tableau performance and usability to get the desired outcome.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Work independently or under general supervision.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technology, Business, mathematics, computer science, information systems, or other related discipline
- 5+ years consulting or IT experience.
- A firm grasp of SQL, relational database management systems, data modelling, and standardization.
- Proficiency in use of query and reporting analysis tools.
- Competency in Excel (macros, pivot tables, etc.)
- Extensive experience in developing, maintaining and managing Tableau dashboards & analytics and working knowledge of each software’s unique administration/architecture.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and proven experience supporting executive leadership and high-visibility project.
- Ability to prioritize impeding tasks and meet short-term deadlines.