- System Integration
- change management
- operations management
We are looking for an eVTOL Test Facility Lead to explore new frontiers for a globally known automotive company, that has entered the eVTOL industry to create a safety focused, hybrid eVTOL. You will be responsible for all the activities at the eVTOL ground test facility development. Work will include all planning, building and test operations management of all eVTOL ground test facilities This facilities scope will be for internal integration of safety and life clearance. This candidate will be working with all engineering departments responsible for the eVTOL aircraft and its systems. Be involved with developing coordinated plans and test facility capabilities with them for systems integration and Validation and Verification (V&V). This project is Aircraft Zero, full safety and flight status is a top priority. This position has extensive growth opportunities, as the project evolves.
- Utilize your previous experience with SIL (system integration lab) or HIL (hardware-in-the-loop) and flight control (Iron bird/ similar) from a supplier, system supplier or full aircraft program to lead the planning, including the facility build schedule together and building out a team of top-level individual contributors to contribute to the success of the project.
- Manage, oversee, and contribute to all technical aspects of the build at the test facility including wiring, hardware, test racks and more.
- Hire resources to work full-time in the lab when needed for the growth of the project.
- Develop the plans for all aspects of eVTOL test facilities, primary focus on “aircraft zero”, including test strategies, resources planning and hiring, schedules and budgets.
- Lead the development of the eVTOL “aircraft zero”, and other test facilities, as required.
- Lead the establishment of processes and standards for test facility change management, configuration control and operations.
- Select and work with test facility equipment suppliers to build state-of-the-art test facilities with efficient test capabilities.
- Maintain good relationships and coordinate activities with other Honda teams, in the US and in Japan.
- Manage, track and report status of the “aircraft zero” team to ensure milestones are achieved as planned, while keeping team motivation and collaboration spirit.
- Hands on SIL (system integration lab) or HIL (hardware-in-the-loop) and flight control (Iron bird/ similar) from a supplier, system supplier or full aircraft program experience, leading facility build, schedule and hiring.
- 10+ years of experience in complex aerospace system test facility development in either Commercial (Part 23, 25, 27, and/or 29) or Military aircraft programs.
- 5+ years leading/managing test facility teams, scheduling, and budgets.
- In depth knowledge System Integration Laboratories (SIL), commercial hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) environments, such as dSPACE, National Instruments, ADI, or Opal-RT.
- Aircraft program experience with the complete aircraft.
- Previous experience with test systems or real-time simulation.
- Understanding of test automation and experience in test facility development and management.
- Must be able to demonstrate a clear understanding, knowledge, and ability to develop test facilities for critical and highly integrated aircraft systems.
- Experience with risk tracking and mitigation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant engineering area, with a master’s degree in a technical and/or management specialty preferred.
- Experience in commercial or military programs.
Location: North Carolina (Relocation assistance available for candidates outside the immediate area.)
Submit resumes to jobs@OSIengineering.com