- account reconciliations
We are looking for a Accounting Manager (Hybrid) in East Brunswick, NJ for Fulltime position.
Position: Accounting Manager
Location: East Brunswick, NJ
Client: Direct Client
Note: Candidates need to be legally eligible to work in the United States without requiring sponsorship assistance now or anytime in the future.
- Prepare monthly financial statements for presentation to the Business Unit Controller.
- Monitor day to day accounting operations and staff to ensure corporate policies are followed and records are in accordance with GAAP.
- Perform Monthly and Annual Accounting close responsibilities
- Review and approve GL account reconciliations for accuracy, completeness and appropriate supporting documentation.
- Prepare for year-end financial audit and coordinate the audit process.
- Confirm accuracy of Accounts Receivable payment postings
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Record company payroll including calculation and accrual of sales rep commissions.
- Maintain fixed asset and other asset records and reconciliations.
- Develop two-way relationships with business partners in areas impacting accounting responsibilities and understand upcoming changes that will impact it
- Prepare ad hoc reports and analysis.
- Assist with Corporate and Department budget v actual analysis.
- Correspond with Federal, State, and local government entities as required.
- Offer new or improve upon existing policies to improve efficiencies and reduce costs.
- Evaluate current processes and provide recommendations
- Candidate must have a thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Intermediate to advance experience with MS Excel
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
- Excellent verbal, written communications and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills as well as ability and desire to dive in and solve problems.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A person of unquestionable integrity
- Mature, highly professional demeanor, with significant personal presence and credibility;
Education and/or Experience:
- BS/BA in Accounting,
- 8+ years progressively responsible experience in accounting
- Track record of working in cross functional organizations and leading a team
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organizational and communications skills
- Experience with ERP implementation a plus