Doran Jones Inc. is building a new team in Tampa, FL, and is looking for a Software Engineer with Angular expertise to participate in projects for a multi-national financial services firm. You will provide hands-on delivery while learning to lead a development team in this role. The business domain is Operational and Compliance Risk, both of which are critical to the financial organization.
*Hybrid (Tampa, FL)
- Design/deliver quality user interfaces based on product owner specifications. Be flexible during sprint demos allowing forgive/take in terms of changes to look/feel/functionality.
- Work with product owner / BA to ensure coding is meeting the needs of the business. Understand the business case.
- Work closely with DevOps, Infrastructure, and Shared services teams.
- Ensure production deployments are well communicated and all risks have been reasonably mitigated.
- Responsible for providing rigorous testing standards to ensure the application's current and future stability is not compromised.
- When developing appropriate solutions - choose the path that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable outcomes. Do not over or under engineer a solution.
- Remain current with developments and trends in areas of expertise, including new technologies that may provide opportunities for the future.
- Develop and foster collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals with QA and other colleagues in the organization.
- Strong expertise with HTML, CSS, and writing cross-browser-compatible code.
- In-depth knowledge of Agile Software Development practices and how to leverage these to streamline project execution.
- Experience working with cloud environments.
- Possess the ability to decompose business problems into smaller parts to correctly solution taking into consideration the impact on other subsystems.
- Experience in troubleshooting, tuning, and optimizing rendering time, memory & network utilization.
- Experience working with Angular CLI
- Experience working in a platform managed by a DevOps team (OpenShift a plus).
- Strong communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field.
- Consulting experience.
- Working knowledge of SDLC, especially regarding improving agile delivery metrics.
- Scrum Master experience.
- Working knowledge of Core Java is highly desired.
Doran Jones Inc. (DJI) is the leading financial services Data Engineering and Application Development firm, specializing in Capital Markets, Risk, and Regulatory Compliance. We are US-based, helping our clients fill gaps in capacity and expertise, reduce risk, and accelerate change. Our leaders average over 25 years of experience in Financial Services and Technology. DJI is repeatedly engaged by the largest and most complex clients for our Agile transformation expertise and practical understanding of the critical relationship between data, architecture, and application development.
DJI has a mission to place more people from non-traditional backgrounds into sustainable technology careers. Through partnerships with non-profit technology programs in underserved communities and Veteran organizations, candidates transition from tech training programs into real IT careers at DJI. Our unique recruitment policy allows us to create exceptional teams, bringing a broad spectrum of experience to our company and creating anything but a traditional consulting firm.
DJI is a wholly-owned subsidiary of McLaren Strategic Ventures, a private equity firm, that invests in start-ups and scale-ups. They provide a full range of highly trusted domain consulting, advisory services, and innovative technologies globally. Doran Jones is able to offer a broad range of technology, deeper AI and machine learning tools, data intelligence, alternative resourcing capabilities, and capital access to invest and digitize at scale. Our clients benefit from this unique portfolio allowing them to accelerate the pace of their own digital transformations through innovative products and services designed around industry-wide issues.