12+ Month Contract Position
Location - Remote (must be located in the Chicago area)
Our client is looking to add a Senior Web Business Analyst that leverages the same foundational business analysis skills as a business analyst, additionally taking on complex, high-profile projects, with several business units or departments, multiple integrated systems, and multiple organizations such coordination with vendor resources, as well as provide guidance to fellow business analysts.
- Works with business customers to identify and coordinate new IT system development and enhancements, across more than one system, team, technology, and business line.
- Assumes project management responsibilities, when a project manager is not assigned to the team or project including developing high level project plan and timeline, identifying, tracking, monitoring and communicating project-related issues, scope changes, variances and contingencies that may arise during the project lifecycle and facilitating solutions with the appropriate stakeholders as well as creating communication plans and maintaining effective communications and working relationships with stakeholders and project team members.
- Assumes Scrum Master capabilities where an agile process is in place and a scrum master has not been assigned to the project or team, through facilitating all agile ceremonies including daily stand ups, grooming, and planning sessions, retrospective sessions, demo/review sessions and acceptance criteria refinement sessions.
- Within Azure DevOps, sets up the team and project structure, iteration and board and manages the backlog, sprints and dashboards, adjusts the sprint process to adapt to the team and project requirements.
- Understands the Agile Methodology and knows where to implement it and where it is not helpful, adapts requirement gathering and analysis to support incremental and iterative development.
- Generates deliverables templates such as Business Requirements Documents, Data Mapping Documents, Epic/Features, User Stories, User Acceptance Test Cases, etc.
- Analyze existing tools (applications) and databases and provide solution recommendations to identified requirements
- Create deliverables such as process flows, wireframes, mockups and functional prototypes to effectively communicate design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert on a variety of packages and custom business applications including User Experience best practices.
- 8+ years of prior experience as a Business Analyst or other IT role, such as support or development.
- BA / BS in IT, statistics, computer science, mathematics, information management, business or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Strong User Experience background. Comfortable with concepts such as user-centric design, personas, user research and common tools and methods.
- Extensive experience with web application development
- Able to visualize and explain concepts on the fly using a whiteboard or the latest tools such as Mural as well as have stellar documentation skills with hands on experience with MS Visio for use case diagrams, cross-functional process flows, entity relationship diagrams, etc.
- Strong investigative, analytical skills.
- Excellent communicator
- Skilled at defining and documenting business and functional requirements for ongoing system enhancement initiatives in agile software development environments.
- Experience writing clear acceptance criteria to a testable level.
- Experience setting up and leading in all Agile meetings including sprint planning, sprint grooming, review, demo, stand-up, and retrospective sessions as well as working with development teams applying feature-driven development concepts.
- Experience in all phases of product, software, and testing lifecycles.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Curious, self-motivated, independent.
- Firm understanding of relational databases, database structures and design, and data management.
- Moderate SQL knowledge
- Experience in healthcare benefits.
- Experience using Azure DevOps