Purpose: As Security Infrastructure Consultant, your technical responsibilities include problem identification, system architecture definition, hardware/software specification and/or design, implementation, testing, and solution deployment. Viewed by customers as a subject matter expert, your performance is measured by delivery of agreed solutions within budgeted hours. Works on problems of complex scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Computer Science or a related field
- 8-10 years related work experience
- 6+ Years' experience with Installing, implementing, and configuring Palo Alto Firewalls.
- 6+ years managing firewall rules and policies, including management of URL lists
- Capable of validating and verifying what outbound access a server (and applications) actually have and making recommendations on how to lock down using a variety of methods both on the server itself and utilizing other appropriate network security controls.
- Is highly motivated, flexible and can pivot to other security technologies as required.
- Design, Recommend and make architecture design decisions based on customer input, business, compliance and security requirements on behalf of customer.
- Develop documentation for Operational teams based on security best practices.
- Document (textual and graphical as appropriate), communicate, recommend and take appropriate action to resolve, risks and issues associated with security vulnerabilities across the Customer IT Environment.
- Work with minimal supervision as an individual contributor and as part of a team.
- 8 or more years of technical experience required, including at least 5 years in security services.
- 6 + years of hands-on experience in the following technologies:
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- Security of Windows Servers
- Security of Linux Servers
- Strong analytical skills required
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to:
- Read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals
- Document procedures that conform to a prescribed style and format
- Present information to management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Previous consulting experience within a Professional Services organization
- Palo Alto qualifications (e.g. PCNSE)
- Industry certification such as CISSP, CCSE, MCITP,
- SANS or other Security certifications, such as GCIA, GCIH, GREM, GPEN, CEH