linux and unix
This is Meghana (Recruitment lead) from Sumeru Solutions. I am hiring for semiconductor client .
Engineer: Cluster - I
No of Positions:
Hillsboro, OR 97124
Cluster Lab Engineer
Onsite role, may be able to work Hybrid of 1 day a week once ramped up.
Detailed Job Description:
- The main duties are building, configuration, and maintenance of high-performance computing cluster test beds in an internal test Iab, with predominantly Linux based clusters but some Windows based.
- The work includes installation and troubleshooting of both production and preproduction servers and software, as well as development of scripts for automation of cluster provisioning and configuration.
- In addition, the maintenance includes support for users of the systems, internal documentation of practices, and general maintenance of the Iab spaces.
Skill Level & Experience:
- At least 3 years' experience in Linux or Unix system administration and maintenance, including hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Experience in one or more scripting Languages is required, preferably Perl, Python and/or shell scripting. Hands-on experience with Linux clusters, e.g., Rocks installations, is highly desired.
Additional Skills and or education:
The following experience / skills are desired, but not required: -
- Network file storage and backup administration
- Building non-standard Linux kernels
- Batch system setup, tuning, and administration
- LDAP setup and administration
- IP and network routing configuration and security
- Server management using out-of-band tools
- Windows system administration.
HS diploma or GED equivalent required for US candidates.
Looking for a dedicated quick learner
** Ideally prefer candidates local to area. May be extended to 18 months.
Thanks, and Regards,