Design, implement, and manage the data and voice network infrastructure required to support all Company network requirements in a continuously operating, multi-facility, geographically dispersed manufacturing environment. This is a hands-on position that may require 24 x 7 availability at times to perform implementations, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and support of the voice and data network. This position requires occasional offsite travel to various plant locations to service equipment and coordination of vendor-supplied services.
- Proactively work to implement, maintain, troubleshoot, repair and support required data and voice networks to provide required up-time to operate the Company wide area network (WAN) on a continuous 24 x 7 basis.
- Take ownership of legacy PBX and modern UC telecommunications, Voice Mail
- Architect data and voice network infrastructure necessary to support all company business requirements including internet connectivity (ISP selection and management), DMZs, Firewalls, Routers, Wireless, SD-WAN, VPN access, telco vendor usage and network security with minimal input from management.
- Ensure adherence to industry best practices to develop and maintain high availability/disaster recovery network(s)/plan(s) to support availability requirements determined by company management.
- Responsible for specifying infrastructure equipment and transport medium such as circuits, type and speeds, to ensure reliable and effective performance and value.
- Evaluates and recommends infrastructure design changes and maintains technology refresh.
- Develop network connectivity, cable and wiring specifications, and coordinate vendor provisioning and support of circuits and equipment in a cost-effective manner.
- Works with Infrastructure Management team to assist with network, telecom vendor relationships and contracts including services, agreements, pricing, performance and coordinates vendor support.
- Responsible for continuing professional development in the areas of business, leadership and IT.
- Cross-train on various business software applications and infrastructure used at the company.
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of periodic risk assessments of security policies/standards and computing assets to identify compliance process and technology vulnerabilities.
- Track timely closure of identified control gaps and risk mitigation plans and support during issue remediation.
- Travel (which will include overnights) to company sites, external vendors and training sites.
- 12+ years’ experience in current network infrastructure and technology including telecommunications and data services supplemented by vocational and other specific technology training.
- B.S. Degree preferably in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems or 5 additional years’ equivalent business and network technology experience.
- CISCO CCNE or CCNA required.
- Hands on experience with legacy PBX platforms, VOIP, SIP and modern UC platforms.
- Knowledge of Cisco IOS, IP routing, MPLS, VOIP, BGP, OSPF, IPFR and Access Control Systems expected.
- Familiarity with PRTG, Visual Uptime, WhatsUP Gold, Fluke Network Sniffer, SNMP, RMON, similar support products and features, a plus.
- Experience designing, implementing and administering SD-WAN technology, highly desirable, Velocloud, a plus.
- Knowledge of deploying and administering Cisco ASA and Forcepoint Firewalls a plus.
- Knowledge of Extreme Wireless networks and controllers a plus.
- Experience working in a medium to large multi-location company, operating multiple shifts, with a centralized IT function.
- BICSI affiliation, MCSE and ITIL Foundation courses a plus.
- Ability to effectively prioritize projects and activities, adjust when needed, across multiple organizations, sectors and teams.
- Require minimal supervision from the Networking Management.
- Develop internal infrastructure policies, procedures and tools
- Develop/recommend goals, objectives, and strategies for communication technologies to the Infrastructure Management team
- Researches and recommends WAN/Telecom solutions, products and services.
- Identifies and provides budgetary information for existing technologies and future projects
- Management of relevant vendors is required.