Feel Good About Doing Good
Our client is a tax-exempt fraternal benefit society that provides financial security to members and their families through our life insurance, long-term care insurance, disability income insurance, investment and annuity products. Charity is at the core of our mission: our profits are donated to help those in need and to support our faith $1.73B over the past ten years.
While we have many employees who are not Catholic, we follow the Churchs teachings in our investment strategies and our employee benefits. We all work together to support our two million members as they volunteer to help others in their parishes and communities around the world.
Share Your Talent. Live Your Purpose.
We are a growing and purpose-driven community of professionals. Join us to Client how you can meet your goals and ours!
This is a Direct Hire need IT Production Support. Candidateswith life insurance experience, come from a life insurance company is a plus, nice to have but not required.
Manager and her team are working a hybrid schedule, are in the office 2 days a week, Wed & Thurs so candidates will have to be able to work a hybrid schedule.
The Business Systems Analyst will solicit, understand, and document the business requirements, processes and workflows developing both written and visual depictions of requirements and process flows. This includes understanding, documenting, and evaluating business processes through interviewing stakeholders. The business systems analyst elicits, gathers compiles and documents user requirements and translates them into functional requirements for technology solutions with an eye to improving processes and systems, enhancing their sustainability, and delivering maximum return on investment. They work with the programming and architecture staff in designing solutions based on functional requirements including conducting gap analysis. The Business Systems Analyst must have an understanding off the business, functional, and technical aspects of both the business processes and the systems used within the portfolio they support including integrations points and impacts to other business units/systems.
- Evaluate business processes anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and eliciting requirements for change.
- Conduct interviews to gather user requirements via workshops, scenarios, and other methods.
- Conducts data gathering and analysis to develop business requirements and assist in identifying business priorities and recommended timelines.
- Assist with the interpretation of user requirements into feasible options and communicate these back to the business stakeholders.
- Deliver precise functional specifications to include functional hierarchy, workflow, business rules, interface design and definitions, outstanding issues, data analysis, and data mapping to clients and development staff.
- Conduct gap analysis between application and stated customer requirements and collaborate with Architects and Developers to estimate project impact.
- Prepare effort estimation including researching and estimating costs of upgrades and relevance of vendor packages.
- Evaluate release notes for vendor products. Determine impact to current business processes and assist in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for enhancements and revised processes.
- Perform requirements analysis. Document and Communicate the results of the analysis.
- Participate in technical design of solutions with programmers, solution architects, and other team members.
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Develop and utilize standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirements specifications.
- Develop and conduct peer reviews of the business requirements to ensure that requirement specifications are correctly interpreted.
- Select, adopt and adapt appropriate business analysis methods, tools and techniques; selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Collaborate with stakeholders at all levels, conducting of investigations for strategy studies, business requirements specifications and feasibility studies.
- Provide leadership, training, coaching, and guidance to junior staff. Provides technical guidance to other team members.
- Triage and analyze incidents and problems. Provide clear analysis results including business impact.
- Assist business analyst(s) and test analyst(s) with duties as necessary.
- On-Call and/or after-hours work required.
Professionalism/Personal Accountability, Collaboration and Teamwork, Communication, Flexible and Adapts to Change, Service to Customers and Clients
- Experience working with IT development staff on complex projects
- Strong technical background
- Strong analysis and presentation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment to support deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodology development
- Ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions
- Excellent documentation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to create systematic and consistent requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language
- Exceptional analytical and statistical skills with the ability to apply them to systems issues and products as required
- Experience in in Agile, Waterfall, and Hybrid environments
- Data analysis skills including ability to perform intermediate to advanced SQL queries
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Visio, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Advanced skill in Excel including formulas, pivot tables, vlookup, and macros.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau a plus
- BS or BA with emphasis in computer science, information systems or business administration
- Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA) and/or Certified Business Analysis professions (CBAP) preferred.
Employee benefits include:
Time Away: 13 paid holidays per year in addition to vacation and paid sick leave, and flexible workweek schedules.
Professional Development: Certification, designation, and tuition reimbursement.
Retirement Benefits: 401(k) retirement savings plan with matching company contributions, and cash balance retirement savings plans fully funded by the company.
Health and Wellness:
- Short-term disability and term life insurance fully paid for by the company;
- Up to 12 weeks of childbirth leave under our STD policy.
- One week of fully paid parental leave for all new parents, including adoptive and foster parents.
- A variety of health insurance options, including premium-level family coverage and a pre-tax Health Savings Account with employer contributions;
- Long-term disability insurance [confirm];
- Dental insurance;
- Vision insurance;
- Health club membership reimbursement;
- Employee Assistance Program.
For more information please contact Shashank Govardhana ator
Since 1995, iTech Solutions Inc., has been providing IT Consulting and Direct Hire Services to the Insurance, Financial, Communications, Manufacturing and Government sectors with local offices in Connecticut, Minnesota, Colorado, Massachusetts, Tennessee, North Carolina, and New Jersey / Pennsylvania area.
Our recruiting strategy is simple, if you want to find qualified IT professionals then use IT professionals to find them. So at iTech Solutions, our personnel are all career IT professionals with a wide range of IT experience. We can honestly say our staff understands the technologies, the complexities of finding and selecting the appropriate personnel and the pressures of running successful IT projects.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for any employment visas, at hiring or in the future, including but not limited to H-1B visas. Corp-to-Corp or subcontract personnel will not be considered for this position.