Location: Washington, DC Metro Area
Metric5 is currently seeking a Cloud Architect to join a growing team on exciting and highly visible projects for our Department of the Treasury customers. The Cloud Architect will be responsible for planning and delivering cloud platform and infrastructure migration solutions including AWS, Microsoft Azure, O365, and SharePoint. The selected individual will play a critical technical leadership role in the development and delivery of cloud migration efforts by providing cloud architecture and technical expertise.
As the Cloud Architect, you will share your senior knowledge and senior hands-on experience in developing, implementing, maintaining, and leading cloud programs with the team. The successful candidate will have experience with leading cloud migration teams in an agile environment.
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience providing solution architecture and engineering of cloud solutions in AWS and Azure (including O365 and SharePoint)
- 3 + years of experience migrating applications to the Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) cloud environments with a firm understanding of factors involved in being cloud native and common issues that occur during migration.
- 1 or more examples of Microsoft migrations (i.e., On-prem Exchange, SharePoint) onto O365.
- Experience and understanding of cybersecurity controls in AWS and Azure
- Ability to work effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in an agile environment.
- Expertise in Agile development approaches including Scrum and Kanban
- MS certification (Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies, Microsoft Azure Architect Design or Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert).
- Experience with NIST compliance frameworks and AWS GovCloud / Microsoft Azure GCC-High environments
Education: Bachelors in a Technical Discipline – Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent technical degree (Desired not required)
Years of Experience: 8+ years of experience or more
Clearance: Top Secret
Metric5 is a small business with big company benefits. We have a passionate team of smart, fun-caring professionals, and we are here for the long haul. Join our close-knit growing team in a business where your contributions make an enormous impact. Our organization offers a comprehensive employee benefits package, continuous professional development, with a best in class company culture that is enjoyable to work in and supports the growth of each of our professionals.
Our benefits include:
- Health & Dental Insurance 100% of individual coverage paid for by the company
- Vision Insurance
- Life & Short Term Disability Insurance
- 401K with company match (employees are immediately vested)
- Paid Vacation
- 9 Paid Holidays per year (plus 2 paid floating holidays)
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Employee bonuses
- Professional Development reimbursement program
- Tuition Assistance Program
Metric5 is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Metric5’s commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment.