Splunk Admin / Developer
- Splunk Administration and Development - Syslog-ng Administration
- Splunk Enterprise Certified Admin - Splunk Core Certified User - Splunk Power User - Splunk ITSI Development - Linux and Windows system knowledge - Perl, Linux Shell, Python, Powershell scripting (1 or more) - Network knowledge (application ports, firewalls, routing for Splunk applications)
- The Splunk engineer will manager, support, and upgrade the Splunk infrastructure to include Heavy Forwarders, Deployment servers, Splunk applications and search heads.
- The Splunk engineer will ingest new data into Splunk utilizing the Deployment servers and changes to the application configuration files (ie. Input.conf, output.conf, server.conf, etc…)
- The Splunk engineer will be on a rotating on-call schedule to troubleshoot any Splunk/data ingest problems that arise. –
- The Splunk engineer will create Splunk ITSI Services/KPI’s, dashboards and reports based on user requirements.
About the Team:
- The team is comprised of skilled, multi – tasking developers that work with cross functional teams to implement infrastructure monitoring. The team is highly adaptable to support the needs of the program. Current program activities include: o Ingesting IBM mainframe data into Splunk and creating ITSI Services/KPI’s to monitor the system. o Rebuilding Heavy Forwarders for a Linux upgrade project. o Continually remediating security vulnerabilities o Configuring Service Now and Splunk On-Call to automate incident creation and paging from Splunk ITSI monitoring.