AzureOffice 365System AdministratorSystems AdministratorVirtualizationPowerShellvCentervSpheretroubleshootteam playerproblem solving skillscommunication skillsChange ManagementCiscoCisco UCSPowerEdgeVmwareWindowsWindows ServerWindows AdministrationLinux
**This is an on-site position based in Houston, TX with our client who is in the financial industry. We will share name of client during our initial conversation Please no 3rd parties or requests to work remotely**
Base Salary, Bonus, Health, Dental, 401K are part of total compensation package
- Leads the in depth and comprehensive analysis and evaluation of existing or proposed business procedures, problems and user requirements with clients, business analysts, architects, and team members, based on overall strategies and systems infrastructures.
- Provides technical guidance and leadership, coaching, and mentoring to team members.
- Integrates development of best practices, standards, procedures and quality objectives across systems infrastructure or platforms.
- Maintains appropriate professional designations and up-to-date knowledge of current information technology techniques and tools.
- Administration of Dell PowerEdge and Cisco UCS servers, vSphere ESXi 6.5, vCenter Server 6.5, vCenter Site Recovery Manager, vSphere VSAN, and iSCSI SANs.
- Administration of VMware virtual machines, Windows Servers, Active Directory, and Linux servers.
- Administration of Dell Compellent and Nimble storage.
- Administration of Office 365 and Microsoft Azure Environment.
- Administration of Amazon AWS Environment.
- Maintain regular backups of all servers and verify validity of those backups.
- Identify, research, troubleshoot and resolve problems with hardware, software and systems.
- Ensure technical systems and solutions are operating efficiently, according to best practices, and maintain disaster recovery readiness at all times.
- Analyze performance, predict needs and growth, plan and recommend preventative measures.
- Identify areas of improvement and bring added functionality to the environment.
- Provide a point of escalation for service desk assistance.
- Document and complete all changes in accordance with Change Management policies and procedures.
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Provide emergency on-call 24x7 support.
- Participate in weekend maintenance activities, as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field highly desired.
- 3 – 5 years of relevant work experience, 2 – 4 years hands-on technical experience desired.
- VMware Certified Professional Data Center Virtualization (VCP-DCV) Certification required.
- Linux experience is a major plus.
- Advanced proficiency in VMware vSphere virtual environments is required.
- Experience with vCenter Site Recovery Manager is required.
- PowerShell experience is required, scripting/automation experience a plus.
- Proficiency managing and maintaining iSCSI SANs a required.
- Nimble experience preferred, additional SAN experience a plus.
- Additional certifications are a plus.