data governancemeta datadata lineagedata QualityMS Visio
Title: Data Governance/Data Management Analyst NYC (Hybrid role like 1-2 days onsite rest remote) Duration : 12 Months+ Job Description:Location:
The Data management Analyst is a hands-on role to execute on multiple data management projects within the three year Data Governance roadmap. The ideal candidate would have industry experience in multiple data management capabilities (e.g., Data Governance, Data Lineage, Data Quality, Metadata, Reference data management), from a business and technical perspective, within the Financial Services Industry. He/she should be a self-starter and team player and should be able to support activities with minimal supervision support.
- Support the lead to roll-out the newly updated data governance policy, across all the key data disciplines for multiple departments include (not limited to): KDE identification, data lineage capture, DQ rule development
- Manage and work closely with various stakeholders (business owners, IT, department leadership, etc.) to drive through data management activities (support core data capabilities, training stakeholders, enhancing DM policy & procedure docs, etc.)
- Provide support in developing metadata, developing DQ rules, data lineage and reference data management approach
- Liaise with stakeholders (Department business team, IT, cross-department teams) involved in Data lineage work effort to manage multiple hands off and entailing stitching activities to build end-to-end data lineage
- Develop professional grade visio and PowerPoint presentations to support the department roll-out work products and outcomes
- Support the lead with project management activities, including but not limited to, status updates, project plan updates/maintenance, socialization of deliverables with the stakeholders etc.
- Help the DMO leadership and team members with ad-hoc requests on project deliverables
- Help in the development of program level status reports, weekly, monthly etc.
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks before they become roadblocks
Experience and Skills required:
- 10 - 12 years' experience in data management and business analysis, preferably in the banking sector
- Should have hands-on understanding of data management capabilities (KDE, Metadata, data lineage, data quality etc.)
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite - MS PowerPoint and MS Visio
- Must have strong communication skills and be suitable in a teamwork environment.
- Must be proactive and analytical to evaluate and solve problems independently.
- Must be able to work under pressure with the team and deliver results in a timely manner.
- Must be willing to learn, self-driven and responsible.
- Bachelor/Master degree in finance or related field
- Advanced degree in data management, analytics etc. is preferred