InfrastructureData centerCable managementFiber optic
• Manage power and cooling capacity and monitor environmental conditions within the DC or MDF/IDF/SIDFs. Management of internal and/or third-party teams responsible for the support of critical mechanical, and electrical systems of the UO Data Centers and associated campus-wide distribution hubs, IDF etc. Responsible for reporting of the core infrastructure facilities. To include remediation of exceptions found in the reports. Review results from preventive maintenance inspections and escalates to IO Manager on major issues found, non-major issue should be resolved by this role.
Title: Sr. Specialist, Infrastructure Operations (43237)
Location: Universal City, CA
Duration: 12 Months+
• Manage all Creative/Facilities/Planned Work projects that are associated with the enhancement, upgrading or implementation of new or existing technology solutions and environments. Management of UO Infrastructure which includes but not limited to inspections of installations for compliance with design requirements; reviews of vendor and/or other teams working within DC or IDF’s for quality; and ensuring the environment meets or exceeds all industry standards that apply. Any findings out of scope the IOSS will be empowered to make decisions at the site and directing responsible party to address issue until it is within scope.
• Manage and oversee vendors, subs or internal resources in completion of IO assigned project sites. Manage the contracted vendor(s) on projects to ensure the work is being done according to spec and remediate issues as they arise. Management and assignment of vendors or in-house tech team for assistance in the installation or troubleshooting of MEP or cabling matters. Be in the field as the SME enforcing the IO standards and policies on a regular basis.
• Define standards for UPT IO environments and the methods used to deliver said standards. Work with vendors and internal UO teams (i.e. sourcing, purchasing, EHS, legal) to develop safe practices, standardize vendor costs and mark-ups, streamline the ordering process and maintain records of all work taking place on property under the IOSS scope. Work with vendors (i.e. CommScope, DDB) on new products and capabilities that fit the UO environment and challenges we face.
• Experience and knowledge of industry standards in telecom and structured cabling
• Experience and knowledge of MEP standards and operations as it pertains to critical environments
• Experience and knowledge of Mission Critical Data Center Facility maintenance
• Experience and knowledge of cable management and fiber distribution standards
• Experience with code enforcement or compliance, understanding general building terms and processes.
• Strong analytical, and organizational skills with attention to detail
• Professional Business communication and interpersonal skills.
• Basic MS Office skills, including PowerPoint, Visio, etc..
• Understanding of Autodesk Navisworks, RevIT, and AutoCAD is a plus.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or, a related field, equivalent experience. Other: Technical experience in Infrastructure, Data Center Operations is also required. Applicable work experience could be considered in lieu of BS CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: CET/CEM - preferred but not required.
Experience: 5+ Years:
• Working in Data Center environments.
• Experience and knowledge of UPS, PDU, ATS, CRAH, CRAC, Generators, and HVAC principles including chilled water systems.
• Planning and installation of data center racks, cable management, copper, and fiber optic cabling.
Stay Safe. Stay Home. Be Patient. Take Precautions.
Cardinal Integrated Technologies