Youngsoft, Inc. (www.youngsoft.com) is a global software solutions IT company, delivering digital enterprise business betterment since 1996. Through collaborative engagement and discovery with our clients and vendors, we co-create industry specialized digital products, applications software, process, programs, and project outcomes. Headquartered in metro-Detroit, we leverage "pods" of Subject Matter Experts, Business Analysts, Solutions Architects, Software Engineers, and Project Managers, fused with HyperCare through our Global Support Centers. Through inclusivity, we share a singular vision to deliver world-class measurable upside results to our customers. It takes a village – come join ours!
The Senior Informatics Architect is a high exposure role within the Informatics Architecture group that will be responsible for the architecture and modeling of all data solutions, identifying gaps in the current data architecture, and defining the future state solutions and capabilities necessary to enable Informatics Strategy adoption.
A successful candidate should have experience in the healthcare industry, navigating and negotiating data solutions in a complex and matrix organization, excellent communication and consulting skills, and the ability to operate both at a high level in defining data/informatics strategy as well as getting deep into the details of designing data models from scratch. This candidate must have experience in analytics environments in Hadoop based environments in the cloud (preferably AWS platform). Responsibilities include:
- Provides expertise and guidance in the areas of Informatics, Data Architecture, Big Data Architecture, Data Warehousing, Analytics, Visualizations and reporting.
- Working with business and technology stakeholders – senior leadership, middle management and subject-matter experts –building a holistic business processes and information assets; linking the business mission, strategy and processes of the organization to its Enterprise Informatics Strategy.
- Assists in the creation of thehigh-level architecture and data solutions, design solutions for data centric projects (conceptual model, integration model, sourcing) in alignment with the enterprise informatics strategy and translates enterprise or business needs into long-term information architecture solutions.
- Applies enterprise vision to all technical and application projects, understanding and communicating different architectural models/strategies that are consistent with business strategies.
- Lead the design, development and implementation of complex, multi-application transactional and analytical data models at the conceptual and logical levels using standard data modeling tools
- Translate complex business requirements into tangible data requirements through collaborative work with both business and technical subject matter experts
- Develops Logical models with an eye towards high performance, scalability, flexibility and usability
- Publishes and conducts solution reviews and negotiate solutions with business and technical teams.
- Analyzes and profiles large and complex data sets to discover and/or validate data quality issues and business rules.
- Facilitates the development of data-related policies, processes, procedures and standards
- Actively researches philosophical and technological changes in data management and pursues an understanding of the organization’s business plans and strategies. Evaluates the value of these trends to the organization and presents the information to management and other team members.
Top 3 Required Skills/Experience – The most important must-have skills. Include:
- Experience within health careanalyzing Health plan data (Membership, Claims, Provider, Clinical, etc.), and knowledge of the business processes and supporting metrics/KPI
- Extensive experience architecting and modeling an enterprise use layer, semantic layer, distribution layer, dependent data marts and BI/reporting solutions against a very large Enterprise-wide Data Warehouse (30+ terabytes) according to industry standards
- Superiorcommunication skills (written, verbal, and presentation), resource will be the primary interface between operational and analytical areas in the business, enterprise architecture, and technical resources developing information management solutions
Required Skills/Experience – The rest of the required skills/experience. Include:
- Extensive knowledge of data modeling concepts and best practices in a multi-layer data warehouse, Hadoop based and NOSQL databases.
- Experience with data modeling and metadata solutions including Erwin, System Architect, Informatica Metadata Manager, and leveraging those solutions to produce data dictionaries and enterprise data lineage documentation
- Experience with data architecture for various layers of analytic data stores including data hub, ODS, EDW, ERP, Data Marts, Hadoop database objects: Hive, Impala, HBASE and NOSQL databases beyond Hadoop: Couchbase, Redshift, Cassandra and DynamoDB
- Experience with data governance working with data stewards and business stakeholders to understand the impacts of data model changes, gain consensus on data definition and business rules, and communicating to all consuming systems
- Experience with cloud environments and Hadoop based analytics systems.
- Knowledge of transaction standards (834, NCPDP, HL7, etc.)
- Experience of Hadoop integration with ERP systems and APIs.
- Experience with data profiling/quality solutions such as Informatica Data Quality (IDQ) and Ataccama.
- Ability to interpret data that is not well defined or documented and develop recommendations based on findings
Preferred Skills/Experience – Optional but preferred skills/experience. Include:
- Experience in big data / Hadoop projects
- Knowledge of various BI and data discovery tools
- Experience of Hadoop integration with ERP systems and APIs.
- Experience in ETL tools both in RDBMS and Big Data environments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required such as Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or Computer Engineering. Master's Degree in related field preferred.
- TOGAF certification and OCP preferred.
Please respond with your updated resume, contact information