- Network Engineer
Our Client is seeking an Intermediate Network Engineer to perform enterprise and local level LAN/WAN monitoring and propose enhancements that increase performance/reduce costs. This individual will be expected to work independently or semi-independently with a minimum of guidance or direction. Role will be 3 days in the office and 2 remote.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors network hardware operations to ensure properly set configuration options.
- Performs cost/benefit studies of network configuration and recommends enhancements.
- Advises network users of hardware requirements, configurations, and limitations.
- Coordinates installation activities by interfacing with hardware and software planners.
- Instructs operations personnel on use of new equipment.
- Coordinates repair of vendor-owned equipment.
- Maintains contact with vendors during problem restorations and advises customers and management of restoration status.
- Interfaces with users during the support process.
- May assist with strategic or tactical planning to justify, market, or manage the technology needed for successful business operations.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or associated discipline preferred and a minimum of 3 years of applicable experience.
- Pass both a client mandated clearance process to include drug screening, criminal history check and credit check.
- If a candidate is given an interim clearance, continuation of employment is then based on the candidate receiving a sensitive clearance.
- Candidate must have lived in the United States for the past 5 years.
- Cannot have more than 6 months' travel outside the United States within the last five years. Military Service excluded. (Exception does not include military family members.)
- The enforced dress code is business casual, i.e., collared shirt with slacks for men, no skirts above the knee for women.
- Must be available to travel 30%
Place and Period of Performance Hours of support:
- M-F 8-5 (adjust when traveling as needed)
- Location: Raleigh, NC
* POP: September 30, 2023 (with anticipated extension)
Dexian is a leading provider of staffing, IT, and workforce solutions with over 12,000 employees and 70 locations worldwide. As one of the largest IT staffing companies and the 2nd largest minority-owned staffing company in the U.S., Dexian was formed in 2023 through the merger of DISYS and Signature Consultants. Combining the best elements of its core companies, Dexian's platform connects talent, technology, and organizations to produce game-changing results that help everyone achieve their ambitions and goals.
Dexian's brands include Dexian DISYS, Dexian Signature Consultants, Dexian Government Solutions, Dexian Talent Development and Dexian IT Solutions. Visit to learn more.
Dexian is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.