Senior Systems Engineer
Our client is a growing IT Service Management and Infrastructure provider located in Ashburn, VA. The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for ensuring the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of client network systems including the design, install, support, and maintenance of the systems and related technology and doing so in compliance with the organization’s best practices. The ideal candidate loves to solve client's problems and looking for a variety of responsibilities as they continue to learn and grow in their profession.
- Plan and support client network and computing infrastructure.
- Perform administration of servers and virtual server clusters.
- Install, configure, and maintain network hardware, systems, services, equipment, and devices.
- Monitor and apply performance-enhancing changes to network architectures.
- Design, monitor, and maintain network security systems and technologies.
- Design and administer software and network security.
- Design and maintain user account, permission, email, and threat management methodologies.
- Design and manage system back-up and restore protocols.
- Document network problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Create and maintain documentation for all aspects of hardware, networks, and systems including key standards and processes.
- Travel to and from client work sites as needed with personal vehicle.
- Work on-call after hours support rotation as needed.
- Be available after hours/weekends for project work as needed.
- Monitor queue and cover support extension and remote tickets as needed.
- Minimum 5-8 years of network administration, design, and execution experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years of IT management-related experience.
- 1-3 years of prior experience and the demonstrated ability to be successful in a client-focused environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology preferred.
- Experience with Windows, Apple OS, Linux, HP/Aruba, Cisco Systems, and SonicWall.
- Strong experience in network infrastructure including switches, routers, cabling, racks, firewalls, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, VPN, Terminal Services, VoIP, QoS, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, NHRP, and PPP.
- Web development knowledge with previous interaction with markup languages like HTML, XML, etc. and PHP and MySQL.
- Experience with Azure and AWS, and DevOps.
- Experience with API integration and cross platform automation workflows.
- Strong experience in VMWare virtualization and Active Directory.
- Experience with PowerShell scripting and automation via flow and power automate
- Understanding of in-house systems architecture and cloud-based architectures required.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals, as well as providing clear communications via email and in person to customers and business associates.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to accurately track timekeeping.
Our client offers a great work environment, benefits and opportunity to grow. Please apply for immediate consideration.