- Change Management
- Local Government
- Network Engineer
- attention to detail
- decision making
- interpersonal communication
Neos is currently seeking Sr. LAN/WAN Network Engineer / Architect for a multi-year contract position with our client in Austin, Texas.
**Candidates local to Austin need apply**
The Worker will organize, formulate, and monitor inter-connected projects, participating with IT staff and vendors. Develop programs to support the organization’s strategic and short-term goals. Worker will serve as a trusted advisor and subject matter expert for technical services.
Worker will perform these tasks:
- Translating the client's business requirements and needs into specific network solutions, considering systems, applications, and other related factors for very large complex technical solutions.
- Formulate strategies and project proposals to achieve strategic goals.
- Analyzes customer service requirements and designs service solutions to meet those objectives.
- Maintains and utilizes detailed industry and internal services knowledge in the construction of industry-leading services solutions, including expert working level knowledge of the processes, technologies, and people components involved in the services arena.
- Uses expertise to construct specific and detailed solutions that encompass process, technology, and staffing.
- Lead enterprise-wide network routing & switching architecture
- Design highly available integrated solution that is high performance, scalable, and supportable.
- Deliver architecture, design and develop standards for enterprise data center, large campus, remote locations (metro, urban, and rural) and LAN Networks.
- Support architecture, design and enterprise WAN network.
- Provide IP infrastructure design to support voice, video and applications.
- Perform related work as required.
WORKER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS (Required)
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and recommendations on complex issues and present to senior management
- Excellent problem solving, decision making, and prioritization skills balancing multiple demands in a dynamic environment
- Excellent attention to detail, quality, and follow-through; commitment to continuous improvement and the elimination of performance variability
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically and independently, providing the thought leadership necessary to introduce incremental and evolutionary change
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to rapidly changing requirements with a flexible and creative approach to brainstorming, troubleshooting, and problem solving
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and in a diverse team environment
- Must possess problem-solving skills and the ability to multi-task
- Must be able to work around projects, deadlines, and operational needs with readiness to put in extra efforts when necessary
Minimum Skills Required
|8||Network architecture experience in a complex, multi-platform distributed environment.|
|8||Extensive experience in layered solutions and designs, diverse technical configurations, across multiple technologies and processing environments|
|8||Experience working with large scale IP networks with multiple routing domains & service providers, and multiple routing protocols.|
|8||Experience working with various vendors, especially carriers|
|8||Experience maintaining rigorous check points while constantly and consistently ensuring projects stay on time, within budget and meets quality standards.|
|Years||Skills / Experience|
|4||Change Management based on ITIL principles and practices|
|4||Familiarity with ServiceNow / Ticketing system|
|2||Ability to follow complex workflow processes|
|2||Public sector experience (Federal, State, or Local Government)|