- Systems Administrator - Senior
Position: Systems Administrator - Senior
Location: Rock Island Arsenal, Rock Island, IL
The candidate will work within a cohesive team environment and is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. Duties include: providing support to clients in resolving moderate to complex system or IT operation problems; performing computer operations functions, including planning, integration, and verification for IT systems. Recommend system configuration solutions and provide support, solutions, and suggestions to a development team; drafting system administrator manuals and maintenance service plans; working with the information security team to support NEC-RIA; provides remediation and troubleshooting for system-related change requests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned):
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Install and configure systems such as supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage resources and provide economies of scale.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education / Experience / Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline preferred
- 5-7 years of experience performing systems administration functions preferred
- 5+ years of Windows System Administration; 3+ years of Virtualization Administration experience preferred
- Must possess and maintain an IT I level certification IAW AR 25-2 and an IAT II certification IAW DoD 8570.01-M and BBP 05-PR-M-0002
- Experience building and maintaining systems including: Architecting and implementing storage and data management solutions.
- Comfortable with most aspects of operating system administration; for example, system installation and configuration, management of file servers, configuration of mail systems, printer systems, database systems, web hosting platforms, fundamentals of security, installing third-party software
- Understanding of a Linux-based operating systems; filesystem concepts and security, PAM stack modification, audit configuration, syslog review, mail relay configuration, hosted application configuration, etc.
- Understanding of certificate based authentication including physical token based authentication.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Active Directory user, computer, and group policy administration
- Ability to write scripts in some administrative language ((Powershell, Linux shell)
- Familiarity with Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) and system security processes.
- Familiarity with vulnerability scanning including remediation of Operating System and application vulnerabilities
- Understanding of the DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) a plus.
- Experience working in CMMI Level 3 (or higher) environments is a plus.
Position may require a DoD security clearance.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. May include lifting weight up to thirty (30) pounds as necessary.
- Must have valid driver's license
- Clean driving record
- Occasional use of company vehicle while on work site
KaiHonua, LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
KaiHonua, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.