Global company in the Houston, Texas Downtown area is searching for several Java Software Developers that can thrive in a fast-paced environment and draw on collaborative and problem-solving skills to achieve optimal outcomes for your stakeholders in a space that is undergoing a large transformation.
Multiple Positions Available
The Java Software Developers will need to be able to think critically to understand and navigate business challenges and use their exceptional people skills to negotiate through ambiguity as they proactively identify and manage risks and issues.
The Java Software Developer will be someone that thinks big, challenges the norm, collaborates efficiently, welcomes feedback, has an eye for detail, and who will be committed to offering implementable, innovative, and intuitive solutions to complex scenarios. The Java Software Developer will work autonomously as a part of a dynamic and motivated team working in an agile software development environment.
Required Technical Expertise:
- 5+ years enterprise development experience
- Spring/Spring Boot experience
- Unix / Linux working knowledge
- Working knowledge of cloud/related technologies – preferably AWS
- Experience in relational databases
- Exposure to functional programming is a bonus.
- Docker / Container orchestration (Swarm / Kubernetes etc.) is favorable
- Java Multithreading is favorable
- Scripting skills – primarily Bash, Python
- Exposure to languages including C++, Scala, R is a bonus.
- Experience in the banking & finance industry is beneficial
- Knowledgeable with SDLC tools (e.g. Bamboo, JIRA, GIT, Confluence)
- Building out platforms to scale with the ever-growing performance, data, regulatory and product driven requirements of our businesses
- Developing, testing and deploying code and performing release planning and execution
- Building relationships with business stakeholders to develop solutions for effective integration with upstream and downstream systems
- Architect design, implementing and testing solutions for new components or modifications to existing functionality
- Performing peer code reviews and participating as a member of a global distributed team.
This company offers a competitive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 5 weeks of vacation, traditional holidays, 5 sick days, free parking, commutation, and more.
Relocation expenses are available at a minimum.
Candidates in the Houston area are preferred. Candidate will work a hybrid work schedule: Every 10 days: 5 remote/5 onsite.
This company offers a competitive base salary with bonus potential depending on company and employee performance.
Candidate must have the proof of the right to work in the USA. We do not work C2C with third party vendors.