multitasker; communication skillstechnical skills
Xyntek is seeking energetic and motivated applicants that are interested in joining a fast-paced industrial automation services & delivery team. The Xyntek Electromechanical Equipment Assembler will be part of a dedicated team responsible for pre-assembly and installation of cutting-edge image-based barcode reading & package tracking electro/mechanical systems at many of the largest e-commerce fulfillment and distribution facilities around the country.
The Electromechanical Equipment Assembler is expected to be able to work in a team environment, clearly follow instructions from designated technical engineering project leads, and use their mechanically and/or electrically inclined background and experience to build and install equipment assemblies in an efficient and timely fashion. Most assemblies are built with extruded aluminum or similar framing systems (e.g., Robotunits or 8020) and contain multiple cutting edge camera systems which require wiring, terminations, connections & installation. The work is fast paced and teamwork and efficiency is critical.
The technician will spend roughly 75% of their time with their team performing system framing and component pre-assembly, staging & pre-deployment testing at Xyntek’s build & testing facility and, eventually, 25% of their time performing system installation and testing at the various customer distribution/fulfillment facilities around the country.
Basic training will be provided. A willingness and capability to apply the training principles will be critical to success in this role. The successful Automation Assembly Technician will be an integral member of team and will rise through the service technician team by gaining greater levels of equipment staging and pre-assembly responsibility, up to and including, performing full system electromechanical pre-deployment testing. The progression, of which, will be a role with responsibility to travel with the team to support full system set-up, installation, testing and system acceptance at customer site.
Accomplished Automation Assembly Technicians may also progress into roles within the field systems engineer and technical project engineering groups.
Job Responsibilities & Tasks Include:
- Work with a team, and in some cases individually, to perform mechanical assembly and installation of industrial automation equipment including sub-assembly erection & basic electromechanical power/network component connections.
- Review & interpret assembly instructions/drawings and follow team lead instructions to safely and successfully complete assigned mechanical assembly and electromechanical component installation tasks.
- Assist in material inventory management of equipment sub-assemblies and other components.
- Assist in performing quality checks on equipment, components and parts as needed.
- Assist in preparing finished equipment assemblies and components for shipment.
- Assist in the creation of basic installation & assembly instructions.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and safe work environment and production area.
- Travel with team to customer facility to perform final system installation and testing during project deployment phases.
- Clearly communicate and assist coworkers and project/team leads as needed.
- Assist and collaborate with team to identify, communicate, adapt, and overcome unforeseen issues which may arise during the various phases of the equipment pre-assembly & deployment at customer facility.
- Provide accurate weekly time reports to project team lead.
- Follow company procedures and directives.
Job Requirements: Abilities, Skills, & Qualifications
- Associates degree in Engineering or Applied Science related fields is preferred.
- High school diploma with demonstrated professional experience and/or Trade education and professional training/certifications will be considered.
- Must be mechanically inclined with demonstrated proficiency in mechanical assembly;
- Must be completely proficient with basic mechanics hand and power tools (Drill/drivers, impact drivers, box end and socket wrenches, hex keys, torque wrenches);
- Must have ability to review & interpret assembly drawings and/or follow instructions to safely and successfully complete mechanical assembly and installation of electromechanical equipment/systems;
- Must be completely proficient in ability to identify and select all fasteners for the proper assembly of components in instructions or drawings;
- Must be familiar with industrial equipment/machine motion; including but not limited to motors, gear drives, timing belts & chain drivers, linear and rotary actuators etc.
- The ability to work in a team environment and interact with co-workers, customers, and vendors in a courteous and tactful manner to resolve problems.
- Ability to follow directions, prioritize, and complete assignments with minimal supervision.
- Good verbal and communication skills required, with ability and willingness to ask for direction or assistance if needed.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- The ability to concentrate, handle pressure, meet deadlines, and pay attention to detail.
- Maintain professional appearance/demeanor and a positive attitude under stress.
- Availability to work evening and weekend hours or varying work patterns depending on project needs.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Regularly required to bend, twist, climb, kneel and balance.
- Regularly required to use hands to grasp, reach and operate objects, tools or controls.
- Regularly work in manufacturing/packaging/logistics production environment.
- Occasionally required to walk up and down stairs
- Occasionally required to work on step stools, ladders, or platforms (<8 feet)
- Must be in possession of a valid driver’s license;
- Must be willing and able to travel within the continental US;
- Ability to travel by airplane typically between 1-3 hrs, and occasionally between 3-5hrs;
- Occasional overnight and local day travel may be necessary.
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Knowledge of and familiarity with electronic testing equipment; multi meters;
- Knowledge of industrial electric work, including 480v, 120v and 12v controls systems;
- Knowledge of industrial control systems;
- Knowledge of barcode scanning technologies;
- Knowledge of and/or experience in e-commerce fulfillment operations.
At Xyntek, our employees are our most valuable resource and an integral part of our success. We work hard and play to win. In response, Xyntek offers excellent benefits, competitive salaries, and a high-energy work environment. Benefits include the following:
Xyntek is committed to a strategy that offers a competitive compensation program paired with industry leading benefits to provide a total employment package that will attract and retain phenomenal employees. This commitment supports the belief that Xyntek must motivate and retain all employees to successfully fulfill the Company's mission.
- Competitive compensation and growth tracks;
- Annual performance-based raises and bonuses;
- Engineering mentorship programs;
- Technical & management career growth fast tracks.
Group Insurance Benefits:
- Full-Time Employees will be eligible for Medical, Dental, Life, Short and Long-Term Disability benefits.
- Full-Time Employees will be eligible for Coverage on the 1st of the month following 60 days from the date of hire.
- The cost for any portion of premiums not covered by Xyntek will be deducted automatically from the Employee's paycheck.
- 100% Company-paid lunches when working in the office. Xyntek orders lunch daily at no cost to the employee;
- 100% Company-paid snacks. Xyntek provides in-house snacks (free of charge) to the employees;
- 100% Company-paid professional events. Xyntek covers all associated fees and expenses for attendance at professional conferences, workshops, trade shows, and training;
- Company-sponsored social gatherings & events.
Note, this summary of benefits does not contain the complete terms and/or conditions of any of Xyntek's current benefit plans. It is intended only to provide general explanations. Upon hiring, further detailed information regarding Employee benefits and services will be made available.
Xyntek reserves the right to amend, interpret, modify or terminate any of its employee benefits programs without prior notice. Xyntek Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce.