- Involvement in prior technology implementations
- Proficient understanding of the software development lifecycle and related methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to elicit
- document and understand business and technical requirements
- Experience testing systems against test cases and technical specifications
- and documenting results; QA
- Experience preparing test cases and technical specifications; QA
- Proficient in the use of MS Office
- MS Project
- MS Visio
Position: Business Analyst (HYBRID)
Location: Atlanta, GA. 12 Months
Employment type: C2C.
The CAPS Business Analyst will report to the CAPS Sr. Manager of Technical Solutions. Under limited supervision, this position will participate in the planning, documentation, design, testing, and implementation of new system functionality and enhancements to existing functionality for multiple systems. This position is responsible for capturing, analyzing, and documenting customer business needs and how they will be implemented in those designated systems. This position supports the user community by documenting business and process needs, creating system training material and documents, and supporting users needing assistance with system functionality. This position will work with different business units, vendors, and internal IT resources. This position may act as a team or project lead and contributes to building a strong relationship between the business and technology.
Work Schedule: Partial remote. Local candidates strongly preferred as they will be expected to be onsite when requested. DECAL is willing to accept out of state candidates, however, DECAL HR requires in person at the downtown office on the 1st day of work for training and to pick up equipment. Travel will be at the expense of the candidate or supplier.
• Responsible for both recommending and capturing business requirements, functional, and non-functional
requirements for the various systems that DECAL uses.
• Participates in, and in some cases may lead, business requirement gathering sessions with internal
stakeholders, business vendors, and partner programs and agencies.
• Participates in the planning, creation, testing, deployment, and evaluation of the SDLC for DECAL’s systems.
• Evaluates and provides feedback on system requirements created by other vendors, programs, or agencies.
• Participates in or assists with user acceptance testing.
• Develops, documents, and reports recommendations for solving and/or addressing problems, questions and
issues based on research conducted.
• Clearly communicates management's views on major policies or current issues to individuals and entities both
within and outside the organization.
• Work with internal functional teams and business stakeholders to extract use cases in their existing
• Solve day-to-day issues arising during automation projects with timely resolutions.
• Review and help refine automation business cases to optimize, improve and automate business processes to
deliver the desired business outcome
• Experience in using Visio & documentation tools to prepare Process mapping (Current & Future State),
Workflow diagram, Low level process document.
• Excellent logical and analytical skills to help define solutions for business problems.
• Uses sound judgment to respond appropriately to internal and external contacts.
• Independently establishes and monitors deadlines to ensure timeliness of staff's responses to inquiries,
complaints, and other issues.
• Serves as a member of the CAPS Program Administration section and supports the work of other team
members as needed.
• Coordinates with vendors and technical staff to ensure that functionality of automated systems is consistent
with, and in adherence to, program policies, laws, regulations, and best practice standards by users.
• Develops and administers training, training documents, and user guidance for system changes or
• Develops and documents business processes for users of new or upgraded system.
• Assists with development of change management plans for transition to new or upgraded systems.
• Provides business user support and oversight statewide in the use of all data systems for the program.
• Serves as liaison between business users and technical staff in the implementation and development of
business process automation.
Agency Preferred Qualifications:
• Experience working with data systems and acting as a liaison between business users and technical staff.
• Experience automating and documenting business processes.
• Experience working on multiple complex projects simultaneously.
• Experience organizing and analyzing data to inform decision making.
• Experience managing business functions and processes.
• Knowledge of or experience with Georgia Gateway Integrated Eligibility System.
• Knowledge of system development and configuration.
• Advanced skills in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
• Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP), Certification of Capability in Business Analysis (CCBA),
Project Management Institute – Business Analyst (PMI-PBA), or similar certification
• Knowledge of eligibility requirements and systems.
• Experience creating user stories based on collected requirements and well-defined acceptance criteria on a
software project management platform such as JIRA, DevOps, Microsoft Project, or TFS.
• Understanding of the needs and processes necessary for process automation. Particular expertise gathering
requirements for reporting on PowerBI/SSRS, ETL (SSIS), and .NET applications with Angular front-ends.
• Understanding of business user needs, and ability to translate those needs to technical staff that are
responsible for the coding and development of data systems.
• Understanding of how data systems interact.
• Intermediate or advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Intermediate skills in SharePoint and relational databases.
• Ability to execute high quality customer service by anticipating customer needs, providing services accurately,
in a respectful and timely manner, and establishing and maintaining effective contact and follow through with
• Ability to develop and maintain positive work relationships.
• Ability to collaborate and work effectively as a team member.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and organizational skills.
• Ability to organize and evaluate data to drive decision making.
• Ability to work with diverse communities and sensitivity to needs and concerns of various cultural groups.
Physical Position Requirements:
• Work is typically performed in an office environment with intermittent sitting, standing, or walking in various s
• The ability to speak clearly, to hear and understand at a normal conversational level, and to receive detailed
information through verbal communication.
• Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data; viewing a computer terminal;
extensive reading and visual inspection.
• Full range of hand and finger motion for data entry purposes.
Skill Matrix Required:
|Skill||Required / Desired||Required Experience||Consultant Experience|
|Experience both recommending and capturing business requirements, functional, and non-functional requirements||Required||5 Years|
|Experience with all phases of SDLC with emphasis on planning, requirements, design, test, implementation, and evaluation||Required||5 Years|
|Experience with development and administration of training materials, training documents, and user guidance for system changes||Required||5 Years|
|Experience working with data systems and acting as a liaison between business users and technical staff||Required||5 Years|
|Knowledge of or experience with Georgia Gateway Integrated Eligibility System||Desired|
|CBAP, CCBA, PMI-PBA, or similar certification||Required|
|Experience gathering requirements for reporting on PowerBI/SSRS, ETL (SSIS), and .NET applications with Angular front-ends||Required||3 Years|
|Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint||Required|