Job Title: Senior Web & Mobile Developer | React Native
Location: St Louis Park, MN | hybrid 3 days in office
Direct Hire Salary: $120,000 -$160,00 DOE
The Web/Mobile Developer 3 is responsible for the development of custom, dynamic web applications for intranet, extranet, and internet presence. Assigned tasks and projects range from complex to extremely complex requiring master level skill and advanced aptitude regarding programming standards, methods, and best practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Managers with assignment of work backlog to other developers, assist in the creation and support of other developers' individual development plans.
- Demonstrated ability to coach Level 2 developers with complex work assignments and mentor them on proper coaching techniques for their work with Level 1 developers.
- Mitigate significant risks associated with projects, which have a high technical complexity and/or involve significant challenges to the business.
- Proficiently develop Android and iOS code.
- Design prototypes and coordinate development and application plans with the development team or business.
- Analyze and anticipate and flag potential issues before any code is written.
- Advanced troubleshooting and debugging code to optimize performance.
- Participate in all phases of software development life cycle and maintain documentation files.
- Perform administrative tasks on developed technologies (solution implementations, upgrades, and enhancements).
- Architect all aspects of solution delivery life cycle including analysis, estimation, design, coding, testing, production deployment, and support.
- Assists in development and maintenance of group coding practices and standards.
- Assist in process improvement initiatives utilizing technology to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assess the cost and benefit for different solutions and recommend/decide on appropriate designs.
- Maintain and develop the creation/maintenance/adherence to standard operating procedures (SOP's) and control processes for development practices.
- Apply standard mobile development patterns and practices to support designing and building of applications ensuring they are fit for purpose, secure, scalable, and maintainable.
- Keep abreast with industry technologies and tools in iOS, Android, and web domains.
- Research and suggest new mobile products, applications, and protocols.
- Participate in the definition of mobile front-end architecture and organizational best practices.
- Able to effectively balance the need for completing their own work while coaching and assisting Level 2 developers as well as other Level 3 developers.
- Actively works with Level 2 developers in oversight of their complex work.
- May act as team lead on work projects.
- Effectively work with and apply learnings and instructions from Level 2 and 3 developers.
- Acts with a high degree of initiative, consulting with ATS IT Leadership and offering solutions for areas of improvement or concerns.
- Must demonstrate proper escalation of issues and concerns that are new and not previously covered in training.
- Serves as a role model and demonstrates, by their actions, ATS Mission, Vision and Values in a consistent, effective and reliable manner
Education and Experience:
- 10 years' full time and relevant experience in mobile application design and development, establishing and maintaining group development standards and practices.
- Must be proficient in developing native Android and iOS code.
- Ability to deploy native apps to iOS and Android app stores.
- Proficient in working with cloud platforms (Microsoft Azure, AWS, and Google Cloud).
- Work with Java/Spring ecosystem and Microservice design principles.
- Leverage and use cross-platform frameworks such as Ionic/Cordova or Flutter.
- Proficient in building/testing/deploying automation tooling.
- Advanced knowledge of object-oriented programming and best practices.
- Advanced analytical, conceptual, and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to generate standardized documentation.
- Excellent problem-solving skills to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and debug code.
- Must be self-motivated and work independently.
- Must be a strong team member with the ability to translate an idea or need into a completed solution or work product.
- Must demonstrate an effective ability to guide and instruct Level 2 developers.