- test engineer
- test automation engineer
- quality assurance
- test automation
- QA automation
Please, no third parties. Permanent residents only.
This is a hybrid position in San Diego, CA, and no relocation assistance is available.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create quality tooling, frameworks and processes that will support and influence teams to improve testability and coverages.
- Advocate for quality alongside engineering and business stakeholders throughout all phases of the SDLC.
- Be an integral part of the test automation team responsible for development and maintenance of test assets in Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) environment.
- Have a test automation-first mindset, developing tests in parallel with feature development.
- Implement testing tools, techniques, and infrastructure to increase the speed of release cycles and allow for high quality software.
- Collaborate closely with product engineers to design appropriate front, back-end and system tests.
- Drive adoption of the best practices in code quality, testing, and maintainability.
- Play an integral role in test planning, test design and test case execution.
- Determine the best type of test to implement, such as API, integration, DAO, UI based on the needs of the team and product.
- Share knowledge, experience, and practical results across multiple teams.
- Unit test development and participate in code quality review of the source code.
- Cover additional general QA duties including, but not limited to: performance testing, security testing, automate test data generation, QA environment & repository setup, partake in developing tests & test automation application setup.
Skills & Requirements:
- 3+ years of experience testing commercial desktop and/or web applications including test development & automation.
- Solid experience in key automation test areas including developing test plans, test cases, experience deploying manual and automated tests with tracking/reporting quality metrics, etc.
- Experience with API/integration testing.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) model.
- Experience understanding and working with microservices based architectures as well as web and mobile architectures.
- Working knowledge of industry leading test automation tools such as Selenium, Cypress, Cucumber, Junit, Karate, Postman, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of Jenkins, GitHub, Atlassian suite, and industry standard test automation tools.
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and result-oriented team player with strong problem-solving and quality assurance skills.
- Experience with AWS and deploying via cloud is highly preferred.
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Strong functioning knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize tasks and work autonomously, and ability to function within a fast-paced environment.
tags: sdet, software development engineer in test, test automation engineer, automation qa engineer, software qa engineer, software qa analyst, sqa engineer, sqa analyst