The Systems Delivery Engineering team is responsible for end-to-end delivery of infrastructure solutions to our customers. Working with Development, Product and other Engineering teams, the Senior Systems Delivery Engineer will deliver an infrastructure solution that is technically sound, resilient to failure, operationally supportable, and meets the requirements of the business. Delivery of the infrastructure solution requires a variety of skills including infrastructure architecture, hands-on build-out and configuration of the infrastructure, management of the application container, as well as project technical leadership skills ensuring projects are delivered within scope and on-time.
A high degree of collaboration with Development, Project Management and other Infrastructure teams is required to provide right level of agility within a defined delivery process. The ideal candidate will leverage a consultative approach, exhibit strong leadership skills, will be forward thinking, and will be able to work effectively across a multitude of technical and non-technical groups in a diverse and talented team, continuously striving for excellence.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Lead cross-functional project teams to design and implement highly available Windows / Middleware / .NET infrastructures utilizing IIS, .NET and other vendor-provided middleware solutions.
2. Collaborate across business and technical disciplines to develop Infrastructure / System Engineering Designs for internally hosted solutions.
3. Implement solutions by writing automation processes to deploy Windows systems, application containers, and hosted applications.
4. Be a primary infrastructure interface for business unit and operations teams throughout the project lifecycle.
5. Technical leadership for project-based assignments
6. Providing technical documentation to Project and Operations teams as part of project deliverables.
7. Script development for repeatable processes (PowerShell, Batch, etc.)
8. Performs other duties as required
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• Experience utilizing a consultative approach while interacting with customers and appropriate representatives to analyze, validate, specify, verify, document and manage the requirements.
• Current, enterprise-class Infrastructure/System Engineering experience with Linux and Java platforms running on Intel servers utilizing directly attached and SAN attached storage.
• Experience designing, implementing and managing solutions utilizing one or more of the following technologies:
o Windows Server
o ,NET Framework
o Internet Information Server Middleware
o MS SQL
• Experience in script development (PowerShell, Batch, etc.)
• Experience with automated system builds and post-provisioning configuration management tools
• Experience with AWS and/or Azure cloud platforms
• Experience with iDRAC (Dell) and iLO (HP) management interfaces
• Working knowledge of networking protocols and components including TCP/IP, DNS, NFS
• Experience designing and implementing High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions.
• Experience working on a matrix team consisting of a variety of Infrastructure Engineering groups, as well as Development groups and Client Relationship groups.
• Ability to quickly learn new technologies required for accomplishing project goals.
• Ability to produce high quality operational documentation, including Visio diagrams, high-level descriptions of the environment, as well as detailed instructions outlining the steps required to repeat the build-out and configuration of the infrastructure.
• Strong customer service skills with high level of professionalism, and ability to work with complex situations.
• Proven ability to collaborate across multiple sites and geographic areas
• Must have the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects or tasks
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Ability to work closely with Project Management to communicate status and identify risks to project timelines
• Keen attention to detail
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Business or equivalent degree is desirable
Minimum 8+ years of experience as a Systems Engineer
Minimum 2+ years of experience in a Technical Lead role
NO THIRD PARTIES!!! NO SUB-CONTRACTORS!!! NO 1099’s!!! NO CORP to CORP!!!
Data Resource Technologies Inc. is an Information Technology Staffing Firm serving the markets of the United States of America; the greatest country in the world. We work with Direct Clients Only and do not participate in multi-layer contracts. Earn The Most Possible and put over 60 years of Information Technology Industry experience to work for you today, Call or Apply NOW!!!