- 6 Month Contract-to-Hire; 40 hrs/week
- W2 Employee Only- NO CORP to CORP
- Must be a Texas resident and can work primarily remote, however depending on the needs of the team and the project, an onsite meeting could be requested.
- Travel expenses to/from ERCOT location(s) would not be reimbursed under this contract.
- Starting range $60+/hr, DOE
Workday Integration Developer Sr.
Workday Integration Developer works with ERCOT business partners to design, develop, and support internal and external integrations. The position will include integration with Workday and other SaaS platforms as well as internal application integration. The ideal candidate will have experience with Workday integration design and development, Java, and TIBCO BusinessWorks.
Immediate project is to stand up Market Settlement functions in Workday. Configure and develop the secured data integrations necessary to import/export invoices, banking, other payments, and customer data. Work with Workday Financial functional specialists to ensure successful processes, steps, and reporting necessary to settle invoices paid daily by wire and funds held on account.
Identify and implement solutions for requirements not met by current Workday capabilities. This may include Workday Extend, PRISM or other tools outside Workday as necessary.
Designs, codes, tests, documents, and maintains applications to meet ERCOT business needs based on the ERCOT defined Software Development Life Cycle. Works closely with customers, business area subject matter experts, team members and other internal technical teams to design, develop and maintain complex ERCOT applications in support of market needs and internal corporate requirements. Uses toolsets that adhere to the frameworks of the technical stack used across the Application Services division and ensures that products and solutions comply with the organization’s architectural standards.
Essential Job Duties and Tasks
- Design and develop new integrations for the Workday architecture and conduct unit and integration testing
- Provide support for Workday inbound and outbound integration issues, changes to existing integrations, and develop new integrations
- Provide support for incident management and integration monitoring
- Serves as a SME providing guidance to other team members.
- May schedule work, train, mentor, and/or coach other employees.
- Conveys team goals effectively through strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Has the ability to resolve issues in creative and effective ways.
- Conducts all phases of product development life cycle, including the analysis, design, testing and integration of products.
- Participates in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations.
- Supplies input and insight in development of product user manuals.
- Provides code statistics, development metrics (i.e. development cycle time), and assisting in the implementation and maintenance of a standardized development methodology.
- Conducts component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, and product evaluation.
- Researches, evaluates, and incorporates new technology and tools to enhance the product development process.
- Gives advice and recommendations to management for the overall technical development goals of the team.
- Advises and guides several key groups in the company to ensure quality product delivery (example, project managers, application and technical architects, usability engineers, other development groups, business end users, and external users as appropriate).
- Expands technical proficiency in key technical areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Requires minimum 5 years related work experience with Workday in excess of degree requirements
- Experience with a combination of Workday Business Processes and Security Framework, Integration Security, Workday Studio, Cloud Connect, Enterprise Interface Builder, Workday Report Writer, Calculated fields
- Self-starter, motivated individual that enjoys working outside comfort zone
- Team-player with an ability to work collaboratively with other team members
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to identify patterns from problem definition
- Ability to work in an environment that requires quick turnaround when troubleshooting production issues
Preferred proficiencies in the following:
- Java including JSON
- Workday, including:
- BlackLine Cash Application
- TIBCO BusinessWorks version 5.x or 6.x
- TIBCO Enterprise Message Service
- TIBCO BusinessWorks Container Edition
- Oracle PL/SQL
- Linux, in particular RedHat Enterprise Linux or CentOS
- Experienced in designing and developing integrations within the Workday architecture
- Experienced with programmatic interaction of various APIs (SOAP, REST and XML-RPC web services, XML, XSLT, XPath)
- Experience with SOA based integration products
- Ability to determine the best performance optimization for a given requirement
The foregoing description reflects the minimum qualifications and the essential functions of the position that must be performed proficiently with or without reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. It is not an exhaustive list of the duties expected to be performed, and management may, at its discretion, revise or require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned. This job description is not intended to create a contract of employment with ERCOT. Both ERCOT and the employee may exercise their employment-at-will rights at any time.
Preston-Hunter, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Preston-Hunter, Inc. is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Preston-Hunter, Inc. are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, qualified disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact Human Resources at the location(s) where you are applying. Preston-Hunter, Inc. will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. In the event you feel you have been harassed or discriminated against, immediately report the issue to Preston-Hunter, Inc. Human Resources. Preston-Hunter, Inc. encourages applicants of all ages, except for minors as federal law prohibits.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document, I-9 Form, upon hire. Preston-Hunter, Inc. participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, Preston-Hunter, Inc. is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before Preston-Hunter, Inc. can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Preston-Hunter, Inc. can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
At this time, Preston-Hunter, Inc. does not sponsor work Visa’s, and all candidates must be eligible to be a W-2 employee working through Preston-Hunter, Inc. All offers of employment, if any, are conditioned on the provision of satisfactory proof of the individual’s right to work in the United States, as required by law