- Project Management
- project plans
- System Development
- system application
- program manager
- Project Manager
- configuration management
US Department of Transportation (USDOT)
IT Program Manager Policy & Planning (PLCYPLN)
Position Location: New Jersey Ave. SE, Washington, DC (Hybrid)
The Information Technology Project Manager (PLCYPLN) performs the full range of project and program management activities from concept and exploration, through development, production, and completion of initial fielding of system/equipment items including life cycle management and support across a group of inter-related projects/programs.
The IT Program Manager (Policy & Planning) serves as the program manager through the full project life cycle processes of initiating, executing, controlling, and close-out on projects within the assigned program.
- Develops, manages, and implements project plans in accordance with the project management methodology.
- Plans, develops, and directs project management functions involved in acquisition of IT capabilities and execution of projects that deliver those capabilities to DOT-wide program offices and operating administrations.
- Establishes detailed project plans, tasks, schedules, and identifies milestone dates to ensure proper sequencing of events, work efforts, and resources to accomplish objectives.
- Applies project management standards, develops new approaches and adopts best practices to ensure project success. Responsible for the full range of system application development for various areas throughout the DOT and Operating Administrations (OA).
- Coordinates with the line of business and other DOT administrations in the development of modernizing IT systems, solutions, and strategies for application tools and development.
- Experience managing application development projects using software development methodologies, including Scrum, Kanban, and System Development Life Cycles (SDLC) to plan, execute and control projects throughout the full project lifecycle to include risk management, configuration management, scheduling, reporting, and performance measurements.
- Experience with project management principles, processes, and guidelines to develop, plan, estimate, schedule resources, and lead IT projects for modernization.
- Experience developing and managing cost-models (based on aggregated business requirements) to monitor and establish project budgeting and forecasting in a technology organization.
PLEASE NOTE: This is an open continuous, full-time federal position.
Candidates may submit their resumes to USAJobs (Link), or by submitting resumes directly to our USDOT Staffing Consultant at