Universal Consulting Services, UCS, is seeking a Sr. Database Developer on a small agile development project supporting an Acquisition Workload and Data Application. The Sr. Database Developer will be responsible for hands on development and design of the enterprise data management framework and to provide technical direction to the data team to certify integrity of the database and systems design. In this role, the Sr. Database Developer will provide hands on development as well as oversee the development, maintenance, and version control of architectural documentation.
This opportunity is 100% remote. Candidates living in Virginia, Maryland or DC are preferred.
US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust required.
In this role, the Sr. Database Developer will also work with the Data team to maintain the existing Application database, data tables, data feeds and associated schemas.
Maintenance activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring data feeds and ETL process
- Addressing data feed anomalies and data errors in the databases
- Database design and architecture
- Create database objects - tables, views, stored procedures, functions, etc.
- Database structure adjustments
- Create and maintain SSIS packages
The Sr. Database Developer will also develop, test, stage, and release business applications and supporting data structures using an Agile methodology and a frequent release cycle. This includes designing future database enhancements to support maximum interoperability across all AQD and IBC components and offices to ensure flexibility in leveraging the system for future applications.
The proposed Sr. Database Developer shall have demonstrated experience designing architectural framework and have extensive MS SQL experience.
- Recent and extensive experience with MS SQL 2016 or later
- Hands on experience writing SQL code including new features in MS SQL
- Develop ETL packages using SSIS
- Troubleshooting database issues
- Maintain/update Python code
- Working with Git/ version control, including database deployment via build pipelines
- Previous experience developing using Agile Sprints
- Previous experience working with workflow and developing workflow
- Four year technical degree from accredited university or college required
Universal Consulting Services, Inc. (UCS) is a rapidly growing Government contractor known for our expertise in health and IT solutions. Our driven, passionate professionals are catalysts for improving performance across all levels of Government. Our clients include, but are not limited to, the Department of Defense, Department of Justice, and Department of Treasury.
UCS offers a generous benefits package including:
- PTO and paid holidays
- UCS paid Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Medical, dental and vision
- Voluntary Life for employee, spouse and children
- Critical Illness Insurance, Hospital Protection Plan, Accident Insurance
UCS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.