- Healthcare IT Domain Experience
The Senior Java Engineer position plays a key role in the development of Carelon Medical Benefits Management platform. This platform powers our specialty care management solutions which support both our health plan partners and the members they cover. We are looking for a new member for our platform development team who will be, along with the team, responsible for all improvements and maintenance of our platform components throughout all phases of our development lifecycle. As developers grow in this role, opportunities exist to grow into team management and architecture roles.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Work with customers to identify and refine business innovations and new concepts.
- Collaborate with team members to identify new enterprise platform capabilities.
- Evaluate and adopt the latest software technologies and components.
- Understand both business and technical requests and requirements and integrate those needs into our platform capabilities.
- Develop robust, reusable and reliable platform components which enhance our platform, frameworks and services.
- Share ideas and concepts with our development teams to improve and extend our platform capabilities.
- Grow as a developer by exchanging knowledge and ideas with team members and other developers.
- Improve the performance of the team by regularly reviewing our activities and identifying new ways of working together.
- Work in cross-functional development environments to ensure our platform capabilities are used and supported in our products and services.
- Performs technical design reviews and code reviews.
- Ensures unit test is completed and meets the test plan requirements, system testing is completed and system is implemented according to plan.
- Coordinates on-call support and ensures effective monitoring of system.
- Maintains technical development environment.
- Mentors others and may lead multiple or small to medium sized projects.
- Facilitates group sessions to elicit complex information on requirements clarification, design sessions, code reviews and troubleshooting issues.
- Supports vendor evaluation.
- BA/BS degree or technical institute training.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience; multi-dimensional platform experience; expert level experience with business and technical applications
- Or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with JAVA including expertise with Spring Boot / Spring Cloud
- Exposure to .NET technologies
- 3 years' experience developing web services and deep understanding of SOA principles, HTTP, and REST.
- 1 year experience with and core understanding of development practices in containerized environments, such as OpenShift, Docker, or Kubernetes,
- Basic understanding of amazon AWS cloud is a plus.
- 1 year experience with messaging platforms such as RabbitMQ, TIBCO or equivalent.
- Strong understanding and experience of release engineering and continuous delivery process.
- Strong understanding of unit testing, test driven development, automated test frameworks. Experience using Jenkins and writing declarative pipelines is a plus
- Core understanding of SOLID object oriented design principles.
- Health Care Industry experience preferred.
- Experience with MongoDB is highly preferred
- Experience with contact center operations is helpful.
- Experience with numerous design patterns.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities - and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide - and Elevance Health approves - a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact for assistance.