Equal Plus Consulting has been engaged to search for a Disaster Recovery Coordinator to work on-site for a client based in Lawrenceville, GA.
Title: Disaster Recovery Coordinator
Start Date: ASAP
Term: 1 Year
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Candidates must be local and be able to interview and work onsite.
Our client is seeking a seasoned professional to assist the Cybersecurity Team in ensuring that the principal elements of the DR program are consistently executed in a timely manner with high quality. This position will be responsible for partnering closely with the technology and functional business teams from other departments to drive resilience across enterprise operations, by facilitating business impact assessments, identifying business risks, and developing disaster recovery plans for the company to ensure the integrity of data, assets, databases, information systems, and technology.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Effectively identify in-scope services for each department’s business continuity program.
• Execute a Business Impact Analysis and generate a baseline of RTOs/RPOs to help in quantifying potential losses that may ensue if critical systems fail.
• Establish protocols and procedures for resuming proper sequence of ITS operations and coordinate these tasks with each department.
• Ensure that all critical DR applications have fully documented, tested, and executable plans that reflect current conditions from an ITS recovery standpoint, and able to support the RTOs/RPOs of each department.
• Design, coordinate and execute BCP/DR annual test exercises for critical business processes, and produce test reports including lessons learned. Coordinate follow up on lessons as required.
• Partner with Infrastructure and Application Teams to develop and maintain recovery procedures for critical business applications.
• Partner with the enterprise architecture and development teams to ensure all systems and applications support high availability.
• Ensure backup and restore testing is regularly scheduled, staffed, executed, and documented, including remediation and closure of issues.
• Identify opportunities to refine DR procedures, production processes and application architectures to mitigate exposure during technology disruptions.
• Collaborate with the Service Delivery team to integrate DR processes with day-to-day technology operations through a change management process
• Maintain disaster recovery program procedures and program documentation consistent within policy and standards
• Provide support for internal and external data/audit requests, and manage remediation efforts of issues identified by Internal Audit
• Educate and train IT members in practices of technology risk disaster recovery planning.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or another related field.
• Minimum 7 years of hands-on Business Continuity and/or Disaster Recovery experience in a large-scale
Information Technology environment.
• Strong understanding BC/DR standards including Information Security and Technology
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to evaluate business aspects application of existing and future
• Strong acumen to understand critical business applications’ technical dependencies.
• Relevant Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Risk or Audit certification.
• Minimum 10 years of hands-on Business Continuity and/or Disaster Recovery experience in a large-scale Information Technology environment with 3+ years’ experience in DR Program Management
• Multiple certifications in DR Coordination/Management such as Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), Certified Business Continuity Manager (CBCM), Certified Disaster Recovery Engineer (CDRE), Business Continuity Institute Certification (CBCI), Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP), or EC-Council Certified Disaster Recovery Professional (EDRP) preferred.
• Experience working in a regulated environment and satisfying compliance requirements and directives.
• Knowledgeable in business continuity frameworks, practices and principles including COBIT, ISO 22301, FFIEC BCP Booklet, FCA Operational Resilience Requirements (SYSC 15A.2)
• High level of accountability and ability to execute; familiar with estimating and planning own work effort including recognizing and escalating risks and issues in relation to delivery; attention to detail
• Must be a critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
• Project management process, tools, and techniques
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to interact, communicate, and relate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
• Excellent presentation and facilitation skills