As part of the Global Product Design & Development Team the successful candidate will be responsible for analyzing, designing, developing, and delivering solutions in the Indirect Tax area of the template in a Professional Services environment. The role supports processes across the Operational and Financial areas of the template as well as supporting the Vertex O series system integration and reporting.
The position requires an Indirect Tax resource with extensive experience implementing Canada tax solutions in SAP using the Vertex system as a bolt-on. Must have hands on experience with Vertex including Vertex integration with SAP, Vertex Accelerator, tax rates/tax reporting, SAP Tax procedure configuration and SAP pricing configuration. Candidate should have strong business analyst skills with experience on Sales & Purchasing processes along with good knowledge of US and Canada indirect tax regimes.
This position requires a versatile person that can be both technical and process oriented to be able to work with the technical team as well as explaining system solutions to a non-technical audience.
The Indirect Tax Functional resource is responsible for managing requirements, leading and implementing solutions, and supporting/owning the indirect tax solution implemented for North America integrating SAP and Vertex.
Along with other team members, this position will engage frequently with business users, managers, project leaders, and functional leads to discuss specific business needs, gather detailed business requirements ensuring a full understanding of what is required to determine solution options as well as support existing solutions.
This role includes responsibility for the following:
- Prioritizing and managing scope for applicable localization requirements in consultation with key business stakeholders: liaising with the internal SAP teams, Shared Services Teams and Business partners as well as external financial advisors and our consultancy partners
- Responsible for analyzing, solutioning, designing, configuring, enhancing and testing the integrated tax solution for US and Canada in SAP interfaced to Vertex within the P2P and OTC area.
- Responsible for Accelerator configuration, FI, SD and MM tax set-up and related master data that meets the US and Canada legal/business/usability requirements while being consistent with the global template
- Design, build and support integrations to external tax authorities where needed
- Provide Level 4 support - Ability to identify and diagnose problems and resolve/implement solutions
- Prepare comprehensive documentation according to the project methodology for all aspects of requirements, development, testing and implementation
- Perform comprehensive testing of solutions, including regression testing before any changes are released to QA and Production
- Perform walkthroughs and demos – demonstrate excellent communication and presentation skills in order to express identified solutions in terms understood by the business
- Be able to adapt and quickly learn new areas to be able to deliver integrated solutions
- Ensure assigned deliverables are managed and delivered on a timely basis in accordance with the project plan
- Be proactive and have ability to multi-task, work will be required on multiple projects as well as leading some projects
- Liaise with other team members to communicate planned releases, change impact, and co-ordinate communication and training needs
- Any other duties as directed by the Global Manager
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong business process knowledge/expertise with an ability to analyze complex business scenarios and translate to optimal solutions
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience implementing indirect tax solutions in SAP for US and Canada with extensive Vertex experience
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or business-related field required or equivalent years of experience in the field
- Completion, at minimum, of 3 distinct SAP implementations
- At least 3 years’ hands-on experience SAP > Vertex O Series (preferably version 9.0) integration experience
- Extensive experience implementing SAP solutions for Canada and US indirect tax requirements using Vertex application for tax determination and tax reporting
- Direct hands-on configuration/enhancement experience with Vertex Accelerator
- Experience with Vertex interface administration
- Extensive experience of SAP FI Tax Configuration, and MM/SD Pricing along with related master data
- Knowledge of indirect tax impact on SAP invoice verification/FI AP invoice processing and SAP Order related billing is required
- Ability to understand complex business/tax requirements within the business processes and communicate effectively with a non-technical audience
- Able to execute high quality deliverables with minimal direct supervision
- Team player that can collaborate with cross-team resources to build and deploy end-to-end solutions
- Strong communication/presentation skills
- Experience working with waterfall and agile project methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or Information Technology OR Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance with strong SAP experience implementing Indirect Tax Solutions
- Global indirect tax experience
- Knowledge of S/4 Hana highly beneficial
- Prior experience of adapting SAP to a professional services environment, Media/Advertising industry a plus
- Good knowledge of SD & MM Master Data, Purchasing, LIV and AR/AP processes
- Exposure to Fiori based applications