- Software Engineer
- leadership skills
- sql database technology
- warehouse control systems
The Staff Software Engineer is responsible for leading a team of engineers building and designing a product that our customers and associates love. As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be part of a dynamic team with engineers of all experience levels who help each other build and grow technical and leadership skills while creating, deploying, and supporting production applications. In addition, Staff Software Engineers will assist in product and tool selection, configuration, security, resilience, performance tuning and production monitoring.
Staff Software Engineers contribute to foundational code elements that can be reused as well as architectural diagrams and other product-related documentation.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be a core player on the product team and are expected to build and grow the skillsets of the more junior Engineers.
- 50% Delivery and Execution – Develops, tests, deploys, and maintains software, with a clear understanding of the value the software is to provide; Takes a broad view when approaching issues; using a global lens; Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances; Develops test suites (functional, destructive, etc) to enable success, rapid deployment of code to production; Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm; Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances
- 10% Learns and Grows – Actively seeks ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels; Learns through successful and failed experiment when tackling new problems
- 20% Plans and Aligns – Creates new and better ways for the organization to be successful; Delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences; Works the Product Team to ensure user stories are developer ready, easy to understand and testable; Collaborates with other team members in agile processes; Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people; Adapts approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
- 20% Supports and Enables – Fields questions from product and engineering teams; Helps grow junior engineers by providing guidance on modern software development frameworks, and leading technical discussions; Notes gaps on the team and provides suggestions for changes to make the team more productive
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- 4-6 years of relevant work experience
- Extensive experience with SQL database technology
- Experience with Oracle
- Experience with Warehouse Control Systems
- Experience with Honeywell intelligrated systems
- Experience with Manhattan Warehouse Management Systems
- Experience in designing systems for High Availability, Disaster Recovery, Performance, Efficiency, and Security
- Exposure to developing technical roadmaps including work estimation, refactoring and modernizing legacy systems
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
- No additional education
Minimum Years of Work Experience:
- Global Perspective
- Manages Ambiguity
- Nimble Learning
- Cultivates Innovation
- Situational Adaptability
- Communicates Effectively
- Drives Results
- Interpersonal Savvy