CICD Automation Pipeline Analyst.
Coordinate and release management activities the functions of (continuous integration/continuous delivery) Pipeline and is responsible in creating and maintaining automated CICD build and release pipelines using Azure DevOps. Support full automation of CI/CD Testing. Establish an automated DevOps release management pipeline (e.g., build, staging, testing, deployment). Support tools on the approved CICD toolchain to include Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Source Code Management, Test, Build, Security, and Process Automation tooling.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support day to day deployment activities for both production and non-production environment in on-premises and cloud.
- Collaborate with internal development areas and QA teams to help ensure end-to-end quality.
- Support from source control, through build automation, merge resolution, CI, test automation, deployment based on tools usage and policies, standards.
- Enable DevOps to create Release Requests for the respective artifacts and deploy the artifacts into QA, UAT and Production Environments respectively through CI/CD Pipeline.
- Troubleshoot issues along the CI/CD pipelines.
- Assist with QA testing activities as needed.
- Support deployment activities for SQL and Synapse databases.
- Assist with Azure DataFactory and Synapse ARM template deployment.
- Validate and verify the applications/Azure resources after every deployment.
- Assist with Security validation tasks in the cloud environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Knowledge of source control (Git, TFVC or similar).
- Knowledge of Azure SQL deployment.
- Knowledge of network operating systems, software, and client server hardware systems, and the ability to maintain them in a production environment.
- Experience working with multiple repositories, Branches and create external pull requests to merge the code with respective Master Branches.
- Solid understanding of DevOps processes and best practices
- Experience in integrating test automation into DevOps pipeline
- Create pipelines for the multiple repos and build applications across the pipelines and create artifacts
- Experience integrating security scanning into DevOps Pipeline.
- Skills in communicating both in writing and verbally.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple responsibilities and priorities and manage time in a fast-paced and sometimes pressured environment.
- Ability to work well in groups, and to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to think critically, use logic and reasoning, and identify alternative solutions to problems.
Candidate needs to have:
- Great communication and organizational skills, very detail oriented
- Prior experience of release management activities, understanding of deployment environments, including planning and scheduling of releases
- Must be proficient in Excel & MS Office, VersionOne
- Change Management knowledge/experience
- Involves planning and scheduling activities and resources required to achieve release implementation with minimal amount of risk
- Coordination of resources and activities required to deliver releases
- Ability to work with multiple integration groups, understand their needs, assist with alignment of activities with other groups for validation production releases
- Cadence of every 2 weeks for production releases