FMEAFMECAAUTOCADCANERP systemsElectric Chargers
Job Title: Electrical Engineer(CAD Exp)
Location: Atlanta, GA
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design product solutions to meet customer requirements in cost-effective and timely manner.
- Ensure electrical designs meet all applicable agency requirements and standards. (ie: UL, NEMA, etc.)
- Interact with other R&D engineering team members, Contract Administrators, Procurement, Project management, Product Line Mangers and Manufacturing to resolve technical issues in a dynamic evolving environment.
- Create and review product and process test reports/plans of new or modified product designs.
- Complete engineering assurance evaluations including: Reliability, Maintainability, and Availability (RM&A), Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Participate in agency certification and approval process
- Document electrical design using CAD software packages such as EPLAN, Engineering Base, etc...
- Set-up new materials/components in SAP (ERP system) and co-ordinate with team to select vendors and manage obsolete/replacement parts.
- Select special devices to function as required in assemblies and/or circuits. Determine proper method for applying, installing, and wiring special devices as required.
- Work with the manufacturing team to diagnose and resolve engineering issues and supervise manufacturing builds of prototypes.
- Leverage industry best practices and templates for the customer’s Software solution delivered to provide customer value.
- Moving data to architected customer solutions of one or many product domains to address the customers’ business requirements.
Must have Skills:
- Experience in product design and development doing Electrical CAD design/drafting experience utilizing ELCAD, AutoCAD electrical, EPLAN or Engineering Base. Preference given to experience with Engineering Base.
- Electrical wiring and test harness design for high voltage high power products
- Component selection (Components like high voltage transformers/EMI filters/circuit breakers /fuse etc)
- Experience with power electronics design and Electrical CAD data migration (UG/NX, ProE, Creo, SolidWorks, CATIA) experience.
- Deep knowledge of standard protection and control technologies used in low voltage power distribution products including knowledge of industrial networking protocols for automation such as Profinet or CAN.
- Technical knowledge of the Electrical Products industry and/or Electrical Vehicle Charger Industry with fundamental understanding of NEC standards
- Experience working with an ERP system, preference given for experience with SAP.
- Familiarity with ANSI, IEEE, UL, SAE and NEMA standards for DC Chargers.
- Knowledge or experience with EMC protection / certification
- Experience with electrical design for DC Electric Chargers.
- Experience with cloud-based CRM (Customer Relationship Management) solutions (Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics)
- Derive test plans and test strategy for embedded product testing
- Develop test jigs, applications for certification testing
- Able to run test suites, debug production issues, modify tests to debug production issues
- Experience working with digital scope, multimeters and hardware debuggers