- APPLICATION SUPPORT
Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Ideally Large Global Team experience- must feel Comfy in Unix- Banking is a big plus but not mandatory. Ideal candidate will have some exposure to MongoDB.
Cloud Support Analyst is an application support role for a large scale franchise critical application. This role is responsible for monitoring, assessing, analyzing and troubleshooting application processes and data. The candidate is expected to work well in a team setting collaborating and coordinating with colleagues, partner systems, and clients. Responsible for maintaining and improving application stability and ensuring a positive experience for clients. Candidate will learn and support in-house applications developed in Java and Scala running on Linux servers to service clients' reference data requirements.
• Provides technical and business support for users of a Major Global Bank Applcations. This includes providing quick resolutions to app issues, driving stability, efficiency and effectiveness improvements to help us and the business succeed.
• Maintains application systems that have completed the development stage and are running in the daily operations of the firm.
• Manages, maintains and supports applications and their operating environments, focusing on stability, quality and functionality against service level expectations.
• Start of day checks, continuous monitoring, and regional handover.
• Assess risk and impact of production issues and escalate to business and technology management in a timely manner.
• Partners with appropriate development and production support areas to prioritize bug fixes and support tooling requirements.
• Participate in application releases, from development, testing and deployment into production.
• Engages in post implementation analysis to ensure successful system design and functionality.
• Considers implications of the application of technology to the current environment. Identifies risks, vulnerabilities and security issues; communicates impact.
• Act as a liaison between users/traders, interfacing internal technology groups and vendors.
• Expected to be able to raise problems to appropriate technology and business teams, while adhering to Service Level Agreements.
• Exhibits sound and comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills to exchange complex information.
• Active involvement in and ownership of Support Project items, covering Stability, Efficiency, and Effectiveness initiatives.
• Performs other duties and functions as assigned.
• 1-3 years experience in an Application Support role.
• Comfortable navigating and supporting applications in a Linux/Unix environment
• Experience in scripting/automating tasks
• Experience with databases (preferably MongoDB or NoSQL, but SQL is also acceptable)
• Experience installing, configuring or supporting business applications.
• Experience with some programming languages and willingness/ability to learn.
• Effective written and verbal communications including ability to explain technical issues in simple terms that non-IT staff can understand.
• Demonstrated analytical skills
• Issue tracking and reporting using tools
• Effectively share information with other support team members and with other technology teams
• Ability to plan and organize workload
• Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
Please see our complete list of jobs at: