APIGEEJAVAKafkaActiveMQRabbitMQapplication developmentmessage brokersJava8
- Contingent Worker - Enterprise Application/Tools Management
Contract to Hire
LOCATIONS: CHICAGO or DALLAS
CTH, 3 DAYS IN OFFICE/2 DAYS REMOTE
Looking for a candidate with the following skill sets: JAVA 8 memory model runtime environment concurrency multithreading API driven applications using (apigee) kafka rabbit mq active mq amazon kinesis aws nosql working knowledge of devops terraform ansible Jenkins kubernetes helm ci/cd pipelines
- Primarily responsibility is application development following API driven micro-services and micro-applications architecture for given business requirements adhering agile SDLC.
- Analyzes requirements, develops, tests, and documents software quality to ensure proper implementation.
- Follows agreed upon SDLC procedures to ensure that all information system products and services meet: both explicit and implicit quality standards, end-user functional requirements, architectural standards, performance requirements, audit requirements, security rules are upheld, and external facing reporting is properly represented.
- Application and project risk analysis and recommends quality improvements.
- Providing advice on system functionality and fixes as required
- Communicates in a clear and concise manner all time delays or defects in the software immediately to appropriate team members and management.
- Experience with resolving security vulnerabilities
- Java 8+ experience required, including deep understanding of Java fundamentals as Memory Model, Runtime Environment, Concurrency and Multithreading.
- Experience of API driven application development, preferably micro-service style of development
- Deep knowledge of RESTful standards and practices
- Experience in computer algorithms and data structures, including ability to articulate and apply in practice different type of sorting, hashing, partitioning, and search operations.
- Ability to identify both time and memory complexity for the written code.
Nice to have:
- Experience with API governance platform using APIGEE or similar
- Experience with distributed message brokers Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Amazon Kinesis, etc.
- Experience with cloud technologies and migrations. Experience preferred with AWS foundational services like VPCs, Security groups, EC2, RDS, S3 ACLs, KMS, AWS CLI and IAM etc.
- Experience developing and delivering technical solutions using public cloud service providers like Amazon, Google, etc.
- Experience working with various types of databases like Relational, NoSQL, Object-based, Graph.
- Working knowledge of DevOps tools. Eg Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Helm and CI/CD pipeline etc.
- Familiarity with monitoring related tools and frameworks like Splunk, ElasticSearch, Prometheus, AppDynamics
- Experience following Git workflows
- ‘Get stuff done’ and flexible mindset for greater good of the organization.
- Intellectually curious and eager to learn.